Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

Report: John Hickenlooper In Talks To Drop Out And Run For Senate Instead

2020 Democratic candidate John Hickenlooper is reportedly considering dropping out of the presidential race to run for a Senate seat.

The New York Times reported on Tuesday that the former Colorado governor, who’s currently polling at one percent in the crowded Democratic primary race, is in talks to launch a campaign against Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO).

Hickenlooper reportedly spent 20 minutes driving around Iowa with fellow 2020 candidate Sen. Michael Bennet (D-CO) on Friday to talk about the decision.

However, unnamed Democratic officials told the Times that the decision isn’t final.

With over 20 Democratic candidates running to unseat President Donald Trump and most of them polling at one percent or less, there’ve been calls for some of the candidates to aim for the Senate instead. In order to gain control of the Senate, Democrats would need to win four GOP-held seats in 2020.

King Wonders Aloud If There’d Be Any Population Left Without Rape, Incest

In an attempt to defend his stance that there be no exemptions for rape or incest in abortion bans, Rep. Steve King (R-IA) on Wednesday mulled whether there’d be any population left without people born from such violence.

“What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?” he said at a speaking event in Iowa, according to the Des Moines Register. “Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can’t say that I was not a part of a product of that.”

“It’s not the baby’s fault for the sin of the father, or of the mother,” he added.

King’s rich history of making controversial comments already got him kicked off his committee assignments in the House. He has also already drawn a Democratic challenger, J.D. Scholten, who nearly toppled him in 2018.

Maaaaannnn... I've BEEN said this!

It's like he and his supporters refuse to accept that its HIM.

AGAIN...DNC isn't the ones behind those voting booths...its THE PEOPLE. They like his message, but they don't see him as a viable candidate. He gotta start lookin at himself. Plain & simple.

Back