Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/white-house-mccabe-embarrassment-no-credibility

White House: McCabe Is An ‘Embarrassment,’ ‘Has No Credibility’

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders criticized former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe by using the same talking points as President Trump and Vice President Mike Pence.

In a statement released Thursday she called McCabe a “disgrace” and an “embarrassment” with “no credibility,” according to CNN’s Kaitlan Collins.

Both Pence and Trump attacked McCabe’s character after a clip of his interview with “60 Minutes” aired Thursday, in which McCabe confirmed there were discussions within the Justice Department early on in Trump’s tenure about invoking the 25th Amendment to get rid of him.

982BD7D5-4BDC-409C-8647-F1215EDB470E.gif

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-spots-coons-in-white-house-screams-about-abortion

Trump Spots Coons In The White House, Screams At Him About Abortion

President Donald Trump spotted Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE) in the White House’s Blue Room at the National Prayer Breakfast last week and got “in his face” about the abortion issue currently being debated in New York and Virginia.

“He saw a Democrat in the room, a Democrat who’s known to be a person of faith, and he was like, ‘Why aren’t you speaking out about this?’” a source told Politico. Coons is a devout Presbyterian.

Trump, who once called himself “very pro-choice,” has turned to this issue to deflect from his myriad recent political losses (including a likely concession on the border wall) and, some sources told Politico, due to a true growing conviction on the subject.

The White House has been trying to woo back Evangelical voters, many of whom see abortion as the crowning political issue.

New York and Virginia are considering allowing women to have late-term abortions if the labor would imperil their “health” in the former or “mental or physical health” in the latter. The state legislation is widely seen as a reaction to codify abortion rights under threat by a Trump-molded judiciary.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-org-drops-plans-new-hotel-line-due-presidential-harrassment

Trump Org Drops Plans For New Hotel Line Due To ‘Presidential Harassment’

The Trump Organization dropped plans to pursue the opening of two new hotel lines — which were supposed to be reflective of the “next generation of the company,” Eric Trump said in 2017 — due to the current political climate, The New York Times reported.

“We live in a climate where everything will be used against us, whether by the fake news or by Democrats who are only interested in presidential harassment and wasting everyone’s time, barraging us with nonsense letters,” Eric Trump said in a statement, according to the Times. “We already have the greatest properties in the world and if we have to slow down our growth for the time being, we are happy to do it.”

Development of the new chains, Scion and American Idea, will likely be tabled until the end of Trump’s presidency, if not indefinitely.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/beto-kerouac-hits-the-road-again

Beto Kerouac Hits The Road Again: Heads For Wisconsin, Illinois

As Beto O’Rourke nears a decision on 2020 (he plans to announce by the end of the month), he’s heading to Wisconsin and Illinois to visit with students and speak at an event according to a Thursday Politico report.

The last time O’Rourke took a road trip, he wrote introspective blog posts to mark his progress.

He held a rally across the street from President Donald Trump’s this week in El Paso, trumpeting a different vision of immigrant inclusion.

O’Rourke has not made any decisions about his future yet, though he reportedly met with Sen. Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) recently to discuss running for Sen. John Cornyn’s (R-TX) seat in 2020.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/mccabe-book-paints-petty-unfit-trump-and-xenophobic-sessions

McCabe’s Book Paints A Petty, Unfit Trump And A Xenophobic Sessions

Former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe’s new book, “The Threat,” contains disturbing descriptions of life working under President Donald Trump and former Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

According to a Washington Post book review, McCabe echoes others’ accounts of Trump’s utter inadequacy in the face of the job: lack of interest in security briefings, inability to sift fact from fiction, scapegoating immigrants, minuscule attention span if a meeting covered multiple topics.

But, according to McCabe, Sessions brought many of his own, less well-documented demons, to the table.

Sessions reportedly said that the FBI was better off when “you all only hired Irishmen. They were drunks but they could be trusted. Not like all those new people with nose rings and tattoos — who knows what they’re doing?”

McCabe says that Sessions also had a xenophobic streak, and would often ask where a criminal was from during meetings.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/...nobel-prize-obama-got-after-15-seconds-office

Trump Laments He’ll ‘Never’ Get Nobel Prize: Obama Got It After ’15 Seconds’ In Office

President Trump is salty he hasn’t gotten the Nobel Peace Prize yet, unlike his predecessor who Trump said received the honor about “15 seconds” after being elected.

“Prime Minister Abe of Japan gave me the most beautiful copy of a letter that he sent to the people who give out a thing called a Nobel Prize. He said, ‘I have nominated you’ or ‘respectfully on behalf of Japan, I am asking them to give you the Nobel Peace Prize.’ I said, ‘Thank you. Many other people feel that way, too,'” he said after announcing a national emergency over his border wall.

“I’ll probably never get it, but that’s okay, they gave it to Obama,” he continued. “He didn’t even know what he got it for. He was there for about 15 seconds and he got the Nobel Prize. He said, ‘Oh, what did I get it for?’ With me, I probably will never get it.”

Former President Barack Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 for his international diplomacy efforts. On the day of the announcement, Obama said he was “surprised” by the award, not that he didn’t know why he was given it.

A305386E-CCCD-4158-AAE9-F94984150F38.gif

180625-taylor-sanders-civility-tease_jpvzrb

Back