Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

lol!!! Zero fucks given! "Massive tax cuts for the rich and what?! You aint gone do shit!"

The Republicans stay on some get down or lay down shit while the Democrats primarily take the opposite route when it comes to getting laws passed, etc.

Top general tells Marines to be prepared for a big fight

The Marine Corps commandant told about 300 Marines in Norway this week that they should be prepared for a “big ass fight” to come, remarks his spokesman later said were not in reference to any specific adversary but rather intended to inspire the troops.

“I hope I’m wrong, but there’s a war coming,” Gen. Robert Neller told the Marines on Thursday, according to Military.com. “You’re in a fight here, an informational fight, a political fight, by your presence.”

Neller was visiting a Marine rotational force near Trondheim, about 300 miles north of Oslo. The Marines have been stationed there since January. Their presence in Norway is intended to support operations by NATO and the U.S. European Command, as well as to help the Marine Corps facilitate training in cold weather and mountainous conditions.

“Just remember why you’re here,” Sgt. Maj. Ronald Green told the troops, according to the military news site. “They’re watching. Just like you watch them, they watch you. We’ve got 300 Marines up here; we could go from 300 to 3,000 overnight. We could raise the bar.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...repared-for-a-big-fight/ar-BBHc5r0?li=BBnb7Kz

After all his predictions come true this nigga DoU gonna walk into heaven like

the-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-finale.png

After all his predictions come true this nigga DoU gonna walk into heaven like

the-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-finale.png

Impossible! God will be there, the 24 elders, the innumerable holy angels, and all the redeemed who love and trust the LORD. Hope to see you there as well! Amen my brother!

https://lawandcrime.com/trump/repor...3-million-last-year-so-trump-could-play-golf/

The American Public Reportedly Spent $43 Million Last Year So Trump Could Play Golf

The American public spent at least $43 million in order to support President Donald Trump‘s considerable golf habit in 2017.

Reports on presidential golf expenses are not itemized under official U.S. government statistics or written into the outlays for the U.S. governmental financial year. Rather, the $43 million total is a low-end estimate provided by TrumpGolfCount.com. (A similar tracker took note of President Barack Obama‘s similarly publicized proclivity for the track.)

Trump’s golf count is mostly based on confirmed news reports of presidential golf outings published by The Washington Post. Additional sources include White House Public Press Pool postings about golf and a handful of additional stories regarding Trump’s frequent golf forays issued by various media. The pool report statistics are culled from press pool RSS feeds mentioning “any of the following words or phrases: vacation, palm beach, \bgolf\b, \bgolfing\b, \bgolfed\b, Trump International, Trump National, Bedminster, [and/or] Sterling.”

Bedminster, New Jersey is the home of the Trump National Golf Course. Sterling, Virginia is the home of the Trump National Golf Club. The entire methodology employed by TrumpGolfCount.com is explained in two lengthy sections of the website here and here.

In sum, President Trump made a confirmed 88 visits to various golf courses in 2017. Some caution, however, as a confirmed visit to a golf club doesn’t necessarily equate to a confirmed game of golf. That list is available in full here.

To break down the numbers a bit, taxpayers shelled out just shy of $20 million for airfare on Trump’s golf outings to Mar-a-Lago alone. An additional $8.5 million was spent on flights to Trump’s Bedminister club.

The site also features a side-by-side comparison between Presidents Obama and Trump–both maligned by their respective political opposition for spending an inordinate amount of time out on the links.

When the 44th and 45th presidents face-off over the dubious honor, however, Trump beats Obama hands-down. In fact, it’s not even close: After the first year of each man’s presidency, Obama had only played golf 28 times; Trump definitely played at least 43 times in that same timespan–and likely played around 76 games of golf–at a cost of roughly $1 million per game–all on the dime of the American people.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/jar...-im-a-businessman-i-dont-care-about-the-past/

Jared Kushner’s Reported Stance on U.S. Allies: ‘I’m a Businessman…I Don’t Care About the Past’

Jared Kushner reportedly has a very casual stance about the relationships between the United States and its allies. And that view is spooking at least one European official, and various others on Twitter.

In a Politico deep dive authored by Susan Glasser, an unnamed person identified only as a European official relayed a conversation with the president’s son-in-law. That official voiced strong concerns about Kushner upsetting the apple cart as it pertains to the bonds between the U.S. and its friends.

From the article:

Kushner was “very dismissive” about the role of international institutions and alliances and uninterested in the European’s recounting of how closely the United States had stood together with Western Europe since World War II. “He told me, ‘I’m a businessman, and I don’t care about the past. Old allies can be enemies, or enemies can be friends.’ So, the past doesn’t count,” the official recalled.

The unidentified European official was troubled by that comment.

“I was taken aback,” the anonymous official told Politico. “It was frightening.”

The same European official told Politico of a conversation with Steve Bannon in which the former White House chief strategist was “very dismissive” of the threat posed by Russia and president Vladimir Putin.

“‘They’re economically weak. You should not care about Russia, you should care about China.’ [the European official] said, ‘Maybe in 30 years you are right, but in 30 years Russia can do a lot of nonsense.’”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/orrin-hatch-to-retire

GOP Sen. Hatch Announces He Won’t Run For Re-Election In 2018
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) announced on Tuesday afternoon that he will not seek re-election to the U.S. Senate in 2018.

“Although I will miss serving you in the senate, I look forward to spending more time with my family,” Hatch said in a video published to his Twitter account.

Hatch’s announcement comes after he led Senate Republicans to pass tax cut legislation last month as chair of the powerful Senate Finance Committee. He is one of the most senior members in the Senate and has served as a senator for four decades.

His retirement clears the way for Mitt Romney to launch a Senate bid. TPM reported in October that Hatch was seriously considering retirement and that he told Romney he would support him should Romney run for the Senate seat. Romney is leaning toward a Senate run, and is especially motivated to do so with the retirements of Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) and Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN), two outspoken Trump critics.

Should he run for Hatch’s seat, Romney could face opposition from Trump allies like Steve Bannon, who reportedly opposes Romney as the GOP nominee for the seat.

It's pretty rich for someone who sought to quell stamp out throw water on protest hime.. sides with protesters abroad has anyone meaningfully called that out... I'm not saying this as shock just sayin..

Back