Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Sports Media (Sports Radio, Podcasts, Shows, Networks, Etc.) Thread

smh bron apologist. it would be cool if people rebutted and added contrext but they just let the narrative eat them up

https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/...ter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

Fox U.S. Open Broadcast Features Two Dudes Talkin' About Fuckin'

“We were fucking so hard and I head-butted her in the head.”

Thus goes a conversation that made its way, somehow, onto Fox Sports 1's broadcast of the U.S. Open second round at Shinnecock Hills, and we won’t even speculate who it is, or how it got there, but somehow that it happened during a Patrick Reed shot seems completely appropriate.

That’s my ex.”

“Yeah, she’s hot.”

“That’s when I—I was fucking her so hard and I headbutted her in the head and I smacked that bitch [something]. We went and kinda got in the [muppets?] position and she sat up.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...pologizes-racy-comments-snoop-dogg/698933002/

Stephen A. Smith apologizes for racy remarks in Snoop Dogg interview
A.J. Perez
Stephen A. Smith apologized during his ESPN Radio show Wednesday, hours after USA TODAY Sports and other outlets reported his coarse response to a question posed by rapper Snoop Dogg.

In the interview posted to Snoop's Double G News Network (GGN) YouTube channel on Tuesday, Smith was asked which part of the female body he preferred.

"Always, always (a term that refers to the buttocks),” Smith, the longtime co-host of ESPN's First Take, responded. "...I know I’m associated with Walt Disney, but everybody knows I’m a bottom feeder.”

An ESPN spokesperson told USA TODAY Sports in an email that Smith was given permission to do the interview, which was conducted in October. Snoop has been a repeat guest on First Take over the years.

"Unfortunately, I answered the question like I answer every question: very, very honestly and matter-of-factly, not thinking anything of it," Smith said during a segment on his national radio show Tuesday afternoon. "Evidently it's a big deal. USA TODAY is writing about it. Lord knows what other publications. It's gone viral. It's everywhere. I guess it's appropriate to apologize. The reason I say that is because of the attention it's brought to my employers, obviously for the wrong reasons and I have to own that.

"If I get in trouble it's a stain on the people that work with you because it's not just about you. It's about them, too. When you look at it that way, I have no problem apologizing. I really, really don't. I don't want to hurt anybody else. I didn't think I was doing that. I honestly didn't. But guess what? You know better. Sometimes you learn better."

Smh...

ESPN got rid of the comments section so there’s one less racist and irrational place to go to

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...fln-employee-files-sexual-harassment-lawsuit/

Another former NFLN employee files sexual harassment lawsuit

Last year, former NFL Network employee Jami Cantor filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against the league-owned broadcasting operation, resulting in the suspension of three on-air analysts. Another former NFL Network employee recently has filed a similar civl action.

Erin McParland, who previously told her story to Tim Rohan of SI.com, filed a lawsuit on July 24 in Los Angeles County Superior Court against NFL Enterprises, Eric Davis, and various unknown (for now) potential defendants.

In the lawsuit, McParland alleges generally that she was “subjected to ongoing and continuing sexual harassment by current and former on-air talent and other employees of NFL.” She specifically contends that Davis made unwanted advances in person and via Instagram messaging, including unwelcome physical contact.

“Davis during these encounters would also force his genitals against Plaintiff and he would also rub his genitals on Plaintiff’s leg,” the complaint alleges at paragraph 12(b). “Davis also groped Plaintiff’s rear extremities with both hands including a specific instance where Davis grabbed Plaintiff’s buttocks and inserted his fingers up into the area between Plaintiff’s buttocks on either side. These contacts were against Plaintiff’s clearly stated wishes for . . . Davis to keep his ‘hands off’ her.”

The complaint makes specific allegations against only one other employee: Hall of Fame receiver Michael Irvin.

“On the set of Defendant NFL’s television show ‘GameDay,’ former on-air talent on NFL Network, Michael Irvin, made inappropriate gestures and comments to Plaintiff,” the complaint alleges at paragraph 12(c). “Irvin once grabbed Plaintiff’s waist against Plaintiff’s wishes while Plaintiff was ‘powdering [Irvin] on set during a commercial break’ in front of other staff members and network personnel, ‘[m]ortifying’ Plaintiff. Plaintiff went out of her way to avoid Irvin after this exchange and reminded Irvin to ‘not touch’ Plaintiff every time Plaintiff was forced by Defendant to interact with Irvin.” (Curiously, the complaint refers to Irvin as “former on-air talent” at NFLN, implying that he no longer works for the league-owned network.)

McParland alleges that she complained to NFL Network about both Davis and Irvin, and that the NFL only took action against Davis after another employee complained about him. McParland contends that the league never took action against Irvin in response to her complaints.

The lawsuit makes claims of negligence, assault, battery, false imprisonment (arising from Davis allegedly confronting McParland about her complaints against him), harassment, and gender discrimination. McParland seeks a wide variety of compensatory damages, along with punitive damages.

In response to the claims made in 2017 by Cantor, NFLN immediately suspended Heath Evans, Marshall Faulk, and Ike Taylor. Davis previously had left his job at NFLN; after Cantor’s lawsuit was filed, ESPN Radio parted ways with him. ESPN also severed ties with Donovan McNabb in the aftermath of the Cantor filing, and former NFLN executive Eric Weinberger left his employment with the Bill Simmons Media Group.

Back