Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Sneakerhead Thread đź‘ź

Ok cool so it wasn't just me.

I think if my wifi was on I would've got em. Kept saying error turned my wifi on and I was in line.

By that time they were already sold out

I read that it'll be some more drops this week don't know which day tho. I was shocked that fire red 4's drop today. They last came out in 2020 I was luck to get em then

Yeah I miss the days when I could just go to the sneaker store early and just pick up what I wanted.
I thought after that kid that had the mom that worked at Nike got busted, this would be a thing of the past.

I wish Nike would just say they are trying to sell a level of exclusivity and stop this shit.

You should be able to just pay for shoes ahead of time to make sure you get a pair. Pre order the shit so you can track supplies needed to make em

I thought after that kid that had the mom that worked at Nike got busted, this would be a thing of the past.

I wish Nike would just say they are trying to sell a level of exclusivity and stop this shit.

You should be able to just pay for shoes ahead of time to make sure you get a pair. Pre order the shit so you can track supplies needed to make em
I think Nike does this to control sales. If it’s projected to be a slow sales month they can drop a popular retro shoe and boost sales immediately.

I don’t know their fiscal calendar but I’d bet their month end is coming up which is why they did this surprise drop. I could be totally wrong but it tracks.

Last edited:

Other companies are starting to do this as well. When Crocs launched the clog designed by Salehe Bembury, they did the same lottery system. Of course they sold out in a few hours. Next day them ugly shits were selling for 10x the price. I hate reselling now a days...

I think Nike does this to control sales. If it’s projected to be a slow sales month they can drop a popular retro shoe and boost sales immediately.

I don’t know their fiscal calendar but I’d bet their month end is coming up which is why they did good surprise drop. I could be totally wrong but it tracks.
But if you open it up to everyone do pre orders, it still achieves that no?

But if you open it up to everyone do pre orders, it still achieves that no?
They can only recognize the revenue when the shoes are shipped. So they like to have them produced before they sale them. So they make these exclusives and put them in the tuck until needed. That’s what I think anyway.

I have never paid resell for any of my shoes. If I can't get em at retail price then it's wrap for me. I have bought shoes for my girl at resell before. But they were only$15-20 about retail

So the UNC 6s won't release again on snkrs, they sold all their inventory when they dropped last week

regardless of the rollout these days that seems to have the highest % (however small that is) of getting kicks for retail

Back