Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MMA Thread

I don't know man. lol How many times can one man lose the same way?

He's liable to get ko no matter how late in the match or dominate he is in the match. IDK why his chin is so garbage onlything I can think of is that reem was a middleweight until the roids and horse meat he manufactured a heavyweight body and not the chin

Been watching alot of Colby Covington fights lately. For all the talk, i had missed a lot of his fights. Dude is the real deal. The more of Colby Covington's fights i watch, the more i think he beats Usman.

I really hope i am wrong, i will be rooting for my Nigerian brother to win.
So, I might have overreacted a bit here. I was impressed with Covington’s pace and pressure and was under the impression that Covington was a better wrestler.

But from what I have read recently even though Covington was a D1 All American and Usman was a D2 wrestler, seems like Usman is the better wrestler. He ended up at a D2 school mostly bcos he started wrestling in High school and was in Texas which does not have a great wrestling pipeline. Usman who was a late bloomer kept on getting better and had the better post college wrestling credentials (was on the radar for the Olympics).

If Usman has the wrestling advantage, then his main worry should be withstanding Covington’s pressure (which is not easy). If he can do that, this might be similar to the RDA fight.

I might have convinced myself that this will be an easy win for Usman. I hope I am right.

Last edited:
So, I might have overreacted a bit here. I was impressed with Covington’s pace and pressure and was under the impression that Covington was a better wrestler.

But from what I have read recently even though Covington was a D1 All American and Usman was a D2 wrestler, seems like Usman is the better wrestler. He ended up at a D2 school mostly bcos he started wrestling in High school and was in Texas which does not have a great wrestling pipeline. Usman who was a late bloomer kept on getting better and had the better post college wrestling credentials (was on the radar for the Olympics).

If Usman has the wrestling advantage, then his main worry should be withstanding Covington’s pressure (which is not easy). If he can do that, this might be similar to the RDA fight.

I might have convinced myself that this will be an easy win for Usman. I hope I am right.

Wasnt that the same thing with woodley too? He was D1 and Usman out wrestled him.

Grinded it out after she got hurt she had in in the gator death roll tough when i thought Randamie would be shook she came to fight. props

Back