Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MMA Thread

Costa was out on bicep injury. He need a rematch against romello or whoever

Costa is back and the fight is happening.

EfavN4sU0AE74vX

Well Izzy better be in fighting form because his last performance was lame as fuck.

Yeah. To be fair though, he kind just took what Romero gave him and coasted to victory. Costa is talking like he's going to push the pace, so if he's true to his word, this will be a much different fight.

Yeah. To be fair though, he kind just took what Romero gave him and coasted to victory. Costa is talking like he's going to push the pace, so if he's true to his word, this will be a much different fight.
If anything Costas team might have him copy romeros tactics and try to improve on the design. Romero had it right just couldnt finish. You gotta knock out or grapple into submission the champ inorder to be the champ.

If anything Costas team might have him copy romeros tactics and try to improve on the design. Romero had it right just couldnt finish. You gotta knock out or grapple into submission the champ inorder to be the champ.

That might be smart, but Costa seems like one of those hot blooded Latin dudes that wants to show everyone how tough he is. Pretty much every interview is him talking about how he's going to rush Israel down and break his skinny body. It could be theatrics or the dude could really be telegraphing his entire gameplan.

That might be smart, but Costa seems like one of those hot blooded Latin dudes that wants to show everyone how tough he is. Pretty much every interview is him talking about how he's going to rush Israel down and break his skinny body. It could be theatrics or the dude could really be telegraphing his entire gameplan.
Whatagoof, I hope Izzy knocks his lights out.

Nah, that’s his entire game plan. Costa is pure pressure and cardio. It’s a nice combination that overwhelms most people.

The one thing that makes me confident in a Adesanya win is Costa’s fight with Uriah Hall. Uriah jabbed the fuck out of Costa and kept his range for the first round and a half of their fight. Unfortunately he let the pressure overwhelm him and got his ass kicked late in 2nd round.

Adesanya has a way better jab and is the best at feints in the UFC. Plus he does a good job of evading pressure with his movement and posting on his opponent’s shoulder. Also, the threat of a takedown is low against Costa, so Adesanya should be able to use more kicks.

Nah, that’s his entire game plan. Costa is pure pressure and cardio. It’s a nice combination that overwhelms most people.

The one thing that makes me confident in a Adesanya win is Costa’s fight with Uriah Hall. Uriah jabbed the fuck out of Costa and kept his range for the first round and a half of their fight. Unfortunately he let the pressure overwhelm him and got his ass kicked late in 2nd round.

Adesanya has a way better jab and is the best at feints in the UFC. Plus he does a good job of evading pressure with his movement and posting on his opponent’s shoulder. Also, the threat of a takedown is low against Costa, so Adesanya should be able to use more kicks.

Yeah, Izzy is a lot like Anderson. Being overly aggressive isn't exactly the best strategy against them.

Rewatching the Costa vs. Romero fight. About midway in the 2nd round, Romero pretty much starts to jab for the rest of the fight and Costa has no fucking idea what to do, lol.

As long as Izzy can keep the distance, fight tall use his reach advantage, with his jab and quickness. I can see him put on a show and basically school Costa, pick him a part and stop Costa in a flawless performance. Style make fights. Being ultra aggressive against a great skilled counter striker like Izzy isn't always the best game plan and Costa can only fight one way and that's coming forward with high pressure.

I can't wait for this fight.

Man, Woodley needs to retire. Dude just lost 15 straight rounds. Never pulls the trigger.

Yep, it doesn't look like he has the heart for fighting anymore. He only landed two strikes in the whole 4th round. From the third round on, his coaches were telling him to take the fight to Colby, and instead Woodley spent the whole fight backing up. I don't know what happened to dude, but he's done. After all the shit Colby's been talking, if Woodley couldn't rise up and take it to that dude, he's not going to be able to beat anyone.

What's your opinion on Khamzat Chimaev? The hype train started a couple of fights ago and now after his latest KO win more and more start talking about him as a future great. He still hasn't fought any top level fighters but he does look promising.

Dana knows how to hype fighters:

He's quite confident.

Back