Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MMA Thread

Usman earned the win. I like how active he was in the clinch. I don't think Mas lost any luster here though. Usman basically grinded the fight out. The fact that Mas accepted the fight on short notice makes a difference in that kinda fight. I think he was basically spent after that first round. He might have lasted a little better if he had a full camp and worked on conditioning.

Fell asleep after the ladies had to catch the title fights in the am

Ive said this before im pretty sure.. If Aldo cant do what has made him special it is time to retire.. KICK.. that is the greatest equalizer in the game and he had the best kick that would devastate an opponent.. he doesnt do it any more i dont get it.

Max Holloway got robbed period at best Volkanovski got two rounds.. Max for much of the fight fought a smart defensively responsible fight... He didnt take too much damage that i can say was from recklessness... but he fight with too much machismo. Why are you crowding your stubby ass opponent at all .. but especially when you ave the shit in the bag make him come to you PROFIT.. but that decision was fucking terrible..

Kamaru Usman did what he had to do grinded Masvidal up but his Defense sucks.. and he needs to become a more technically sound striker.... i mean it would make him soo much better.. at the end of the day no matter what execution matters whoever executes win.. and he did that from the clinch with the great body work and the overall neutralization of Masvidals game

A lot of people complaining about Usman's foot stomps. I get it he bullied the fan favorite but some people need to relax. Full camp or not, Usman beats any version of Masvidal.

This was funny though

Bruh the females be runnin the fade better than the dudes thats an L for UFC, frfr.

Usman should've knocked the earth, wind and fire outta masvidal, especially on short notice, but it is what it is.

Usman earned the win. I like how active he was in the clinch. I don't think Mas lost any luster here though. Usman basically grinded the fight out. The fact that Mas accepted the fight on short notice makes a difference in that kinda fight. I think he was basically spent after that first round. He might have lasted a little better if he had a full camp and worked on conditioning.

Mas was training specifically for the fight since January. Even after he fell out with Dana and Gilbert was given the fight. He would have been spent after the first or second round regardless imo. Kamaru's conditioning is top tier.

Bruh the females be runnin the fade better than the dudes thats an L for UFC, frfr.

Usman should've knocked the earth, wind and fire outta masvidal, especially on short notice, but it is what it is.

I don't think the short notice matters. Kamaru wouldn't have ktfo of Masvidal even if Masvidal truly had only a week of training for the fight. Masvidal and Kamaru both have good chins and the main thing is Kamaru is smart. A 25 minute standup battle with Masvidal was NEVER in the cards for Kamaru. He was gonna win by doing what he does against guys that have good boxing/standup/heavy hands- outwork them, take them down and take them through all 3 or 5 rounds and tire them out. Like the saying goes, styles make fight. Kamaru doesn't do that against the great wrestlers like himself. With the wrestlers, Kamaru will stand up with them. See the Colby fight and to an extent the Woodley fight. (I think when he realized TWood had nothing for him in that fight, he felt even more comfortable taking him down).

Glad y'all arent complaining on here like I see on social media all the Masvidal fans or the UFC casuals that just want a standup fight and forget that its called MMA. Main thing is Kamaru did what he had to do to win and keep his belt and keep getting that higher pay for being the champ(than he would if he wasn't the champ).

Mas was training specifically for the fight since January. Even after he fell out with Dana and Gilbert was given the fight. He would have been spent after the first or second round regardless imo. Kamaru's conditioning is top tier.

I don't think the short notice matters. Kamaru wouldn't have ktfo of Masvidal even if Masvidal truly had only a week of training for the fight. Masvidal and Kamaru both have good chins and the main thing is Kamaru is smart. A 25 minute standup battle with Masvidal was NEVER in the cards for Kamaru. He was gonna win by doing what he does against guys that have good boxing/standup/heavy hands- outwork them, take them down and take them through all 3 or 5 rounds and tire them out. Like the saying goes, styles make fight. Kamaru doesn't do that against the great wrestlers like himself. With the wrestlers, Kamaru will stand up with them. See the Colby fight and to an extent the Woodley fight. (I think when he realized TWood had nothing for him in that fight, he felt even more comfortable taking him down).

Glad y'all arent complaining on here like I see on social media all the Masvidal fans or the UFC casuals that just want a standup fight and forget that its called MMA. Main thing is Kamaru did what he had to do to win and keep his belt and keep getting that higher pay for being the champ(than he would if he wasn't the champ).

Mas was training for an eventual bout, but he didn't have a dedicated camp. That makes a difference. They said he didn't make weight until after he got to the island. In an interview, Usman went on about how much one big meal had set him back between when the original fight was cancelled and when Mas stepped up. If he felt like one big meal was a problem, think about where Mas was given that he hasn't even dedicated himself to conditioning for a fight.

I'm not saying Mas would have won with a camp. I'm just saying that a grueling fight like that was probably the worst case scenario for a person who didn't have a camp.

Mas was training for an eventual bout, but he didn't have a dedicated camp. That makes a difference. They said he didn't make weight until after he got to the island. In an interview, Usman went on about how much one big meal had set him back between when the original fight was cancelled and when Mas stepped up. If he felt like one big meal was a problem, think about where Mas was given that he hasn't even dedicated himself to conditioning for a fight.

I'm not saying Mas would have won with a camp. I'm just saying that a grueling fight like that was probably the worst case scenario for a person who didn't have a camp.

True. I don't think the weight cut was as big an issue because they know how to do so properly and have been doing so. Especially the wrestlers. kudos to Masvidal especially on that note. Re. the conditioning, yeah a slight difference for sure. Not like he wasn't keeping in shape and working on his conditioning and wrestling the whole time(and we did see his conditioning was alright, I expected it to be worse by the 3rd/4th) and he probably wouldn't win due to conditioning even with a full camp but yeah it makes a difference even if slightly.

Some really lowkey good fights on the card (better than 1 or 2 that have been on ppv over the past year or so) for Wednesday. Starting with the battle of the Africans- My Ghanaian breda Razak Alhassan vs Mounir Lazzez.
Stamman vs Rivera should be nice but Ige-Kattar is the one.

Last edited:
Some really lowkey good fights on the card (better than 1 or 2 that have been on ppv over the past year or so) for Wednesday. Starting with the battle of the Africans- My Ghanaian breda Razak Alhassan vs Mounir Lazzez.
Stamman vs Rivera should be nice but Ige-Kattar is the one. Lowkey
Glad to see Razak Alhassan back too. Those ladies really tried to end his life, smh.

EeCK5HyXsAc7tHV

Back