Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MMA Thread

Why??? Cyborg herself has done that to so so many women and they did not quit, why should she? I dont think she is soft like Rousey. She will be back. (Most likely not in the UFC though, they are trying to get rid of her division anyway).

What else is left to do other than challenge Nunes again and after tonight I don't like her chances in a rematch and no other woman will give her any competition in a fight. Maybe I'm just prisoner of the moment

What else is left to do other than challenge Nunes again and after tonight I don't like her chances in a rematch and no other woman will give her any competition in a fight. Maybe I'm just prisoner of the moment
Yea, Prisoner of the moment. These women are evolving. Before this fight, folks thought Cyborg was invincible, Nunes took her out.

I know 145 is a very barren division, but there are younger women on their way. The Invicta 145 champ, Felicia Spencer, is young and really really good. I like what I have seen from Kayla Harrison so far. Unfortunately, I think UFC are about to get rid of Women’s 145 and Men’s 125.

So.......who Jones just win that belt from exactly? The UFC has more champions than it does divisions rn, shit makes no sense.

That's besides the point. If he's pinning people down, then having more muscle mass is an advantage

It's not besides the point. What hehe did to Gus was something he showed the ability to do well before he got popped, and Gus is not great in defending sharing that. Assuming that trace amounts of drugs in his system made the difference is a bit absurd.

It's not besides the point. What hehe did to Gus was something he showed the ability to do well before he got popped, and Gus is not great in defending sharing that. Assuming that trace amounts of drugs in his system made the difference is a bit absurd.

You went full Mike Jack. Residual androgens would have residual effects. It's not like the gains just vanish when the drugs are gone

You went full Mike Jack. Residual androgens would have residual effects. It's not like the gains just vanish when the drugs are gone

I get what you're saying, but gus is a stand up fighter through and through. Like Jones said from the tapes of him, if hes held down for longer than 30secs hes done.

You can have a smaller guy with wrestling skills work a bigger guy that cant match him on the ground...and smaller guy defeating bigger guy is what bjj is about

Lol damn autocorrect. But, yeah what 808 said. And what are residual effects? People have to stop acting like Jones was taking the super soldier serum. One dude on another forum literally said the drug let Jones walk through Gus' punches without feeling anything. Stop it.

Lol damn autocorrect. But, yeah what 808 said. And what are residual effects? People have to stop acting like Jones was taking the super soldier serum. One dude on another forum literally said the drug let Jones walk through Gus' punches without feeling anything. Stop it.

Hormones affect more than just muscles. They affect bones and even the brain. A steroid user does not just go back to normal after use. The changes can and often do linger

Would have never guessed that Cyborg would have been the one to get rocked like she did, after a beating like that she gotta contemplate calling it a career. Is there anyone that can go toe to toe with Nunes, after tonight I don't see it.
Nah, think there will be a rematch cyborg will do better with an actual gameplan instead of just coming in and trading shots

Clarissa Shield is a pure boxer though. Don't make the mistake of comparing any MMArtist too closely to a pure boxer when it comes to strictly throwing hands.
What I'm saying is lookin at that video you seen that she doesn't fair well wit constant pressure and takes alot of shots to the grill thinkin she can walk thru it. Nunez who game plan is constant pressure and looping shots.

Back