Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

Spiderman already had his powers and was already fighting crime without Iron Man.

Iron Man helped Spiderman, he didn't create him like Batman did the Robins.

Spiderman does things on his own and lives his own life. Robin lives with Batman and does very little without Batman's input.

That's just some of the major differences.

Spiderman already had his powers and was already fighting crime without Iron Man.

Iron Man helped Spiderman, he didn't create him like Batman did the Robins.

Spiderman does things on his own and lives his own life. Robin lives with Batman and does very little without Batman's input.

That's just some of the major differences.

Add to that....

Batman created child soldiers to fight his self imposed war on crime and corruption in a whole city.

He showed them little to no affection.

And it's not a good comparison at all.

Iron Man gave him his suit. Took his suit back as punishment when he felt he crossed a line, put him in the middle of a conflict against other more experienced people.

Iron Man gave him his suit. Took his suit back as punishment when he felt he crossed a line, put him in the middle of a conflict against other more experienced people.
The suit doesn't make Spider Man and he isn't solely reliant on Iron Man. He had a suit before and was still fighting crime in the street. And when he got the suit taken away he was still Spider Man and had all his powers. And Iron Man threw him in that fight immediately cause he was already good enough on his own.

The suit doesn't make Spider Man and he isn't solely reliant on Iron Man. He had a suit before and was still fighting crime in the street. And when he got the suit taken away he was still Spider Man and had all his powers. And Iron Man threw him in that fight immediately cause he was already good enough on his own.
Going from homemade outfits and rounding up purse snatchers to fighting Captain America?

tumblr_psaxk0Wh101xa40poo1_540.gif

tumblr_psaxk0Wh101xa40poo2_540.gif

tumblr_psaxk0Wh101xa40poo3_540.gif

tumblr_psaxk0Wh101xa40poo4_540.gif

tumblr_psaxk0Wh101xa40poo5_540.gif

tumblr_psaxk0Wh101xa40poo6_540.gif

tumblr_psaxk0Wh101xa40poo7_540.gif

tumblr_psaxk0Wh101xa40poo8_540.gif

tumblr_psaxk0Wh101xa40poo9_540.gif

tumblr_psaxk0Wh101xa40poo10_540.png

Going from homemade outfits and rounding up purse snatchers to fighting Captain America?

He didn't need the suit to go toe to toe. That's the point people trying to make. They just used ironman and the suits as a way to slide him into the mcu smoothly so late in the game. Similar to what they did with fury and captain marvel.

That sidekick shit overblown.

He didn't need the suit to go toe to toe. That's the point people trying to make. They just used ironman and the suits as a way to slide him into the mcu smoothly so late in the game. Similar to what they did with fury and captain marvel.

That sidekick shit overblown.
So you’d rather see him in a hoodie and sweatpants? Since “he doesn’t need the suit”

Point is they used the ironman suit as a plot device. He didn't need an "ironman suit". You know this.

I'm not sure how anyone could claim MCU Spiderman is a sidekick. Sidekicks rarely get their own movies. Spiderman has one. Yes IM shows up in that movie, but for 90% of it, Peter operates either alone or his own supporting cast. He's got another movie coming out where his supposed mentor will be absent altogether. Tony played that mentor role and he was Peter's connection to the Avengers, but past that, Peter is pretty clearly his own character. He's already got a rogue's gallery of his own brewing. Robin didn't have one of those until after he left Batman and was no longer a sidekick, and even then his gallery still crossed over with Batman's quite a bit. That's not the case at all for MCU Spiderman.

i wouldn't consider him a sidekick, but iron man was definitely his mentor in this and replaced uncle ben in the traditional spiderman lore

i wouldn't consider him a sidekick, but iron man was definitely his mentor in this and replaced uncle ben in the traditional spiderman lore

Nah bro...

All that Uncle Ben shit just took place off camera since it wouldn't make sense for them to show it to us for a THIRD time.

Tony aint replace shit with or about Uncle Ben... but I will say that Tony was definitely a mentor though

There’s good news for fans of Felicia Hardy, as it seems that Sony has in store big plans for her. SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME and VENOM producer Amy Pascal has recently revealed that Sony is down to invest in Peter Parker’s ally-enemy-lover. When asked by Screen Rant what Spider-Man villain she thinks deserves time on the big screen, Pascal immediately dropped the name of BLACK CAT.

“That’s a good question,” Pascal said. “I like Black Cat a lot, I think she is a really great character. We had her a little bit in the AMAZING [Spider-Man] movie, but she’s kind of that character that we didn’t really turn into the Black Cat yet

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/movie...ns-for-black-cat-spin-off#gL43gvQscFMMpkpx.99

From the sound of things, Taika Waititi is going to be pretty busy over the next few years. Between working on FX’s What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming live-action Akira adaptation, his schedule already looks to be jam-packed. But now, the director of Thor: Ragnarok is adding another project to fill his time. Deadline brings word that Waititi will spearhead an animated Flash Gordon film for Disney and Fox.

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/movie...ated-flash-gordon-movie-2#VG1yjymCyxZjMpHr.99

I wrote a script about DOCTOR DOOM, an antihero story I really like, and we’re still talking about making it,” said Hawley. He also noted that he’s currently trying to “get out from under this movie I made” as well as his work on LEGION and FARGO. But DOCTOR DOOM is still on his mind.

Hawley first confirmed his DOCTOR DOOM script during a LEGION panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2017. At the time, he said, “Because I’m at Comic-Con, I wanted to let you know about a movie I’m developing for Fox. The first word is ‘Doctor.’ And the second is ‘Doom.’”

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/movie...ay-still-happen-at-marvel#uFRAWzvMPxe1BMHD.99

I wrote a script about DOCTOR DOOM, an antihero story I really like, and we’re still talking about making it,” said Hawley. He also noted that he’s currently trying to “get out from under this movie I made” as well as his work on LEGION and FARGO. But DOCTOR DOOM is still on his mind.

Hawley first confirmed his DOCTOR DOOM script during a LEGION panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2017. At the time, he said, “Because I’m at Comic-Con, I wanted to let you know about a movie I’m developing for Fox. The first word is ‘Doctor.’ And the second is ‘Doom.’”

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/movie...ay-still-happen-at-marvel#uFRAWzvMPxe1BMHD.99

Back in March, prior to the competition of the Disney and Fox merger, Hawley offered an update on the project. He said Marvel’s Kevin Feige asked him about the Doctor Doom movie. In response, Hawley asked, “Should I still be working on it?” But Feige wasn’t able to answer at that time.

Smells like something's brewing.

Back