Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

Lou Cypher

The Tokin' White Guy
This thread is for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

In this thread we will discuss rumors of movie production and discuss our opinions of the movies when they are released.

News articles related to the film production will be posted and possibly rumors of future films or stories.

Chances are there could be spoilers so browse cautiously!!

I know there is a "Comicbook Movie Thread" but these franchises are way too big to be bunched up into one thread so we are gonna split them!

If someone wanted to be creator of the DC Cinematic Universe thread, feel free to create! ill create it if its not made in a couple hours.

'Avengers: Infinity War': Jeremy Renner Addresses Ronin Rumors

Even though Marvel's upcoming crossover film features nearly every superhero in their vast repertoire, fans are very curious about the Avenging Archer known as Hawkeye, speculating that he'll take on a new identity.

Actor Jeremy Renner is now addressing the rumors of Hawkeye's role in Avengers: Infinity War and its untitled sequel, including the possibility of Clint Barton becoming Ronin.

“It’s difficult, because you want to speak about the movie but you can’t. There’s a lot of superheroes in it,” Renner said to the South China Morning Post. “And it’s gonna be big and it’s gonna be awesome. But I can’t really talk about the movie.”

Regarding the rumors of Ronin, Renner acknowledged that he knows of the persona from the pages of Marvel's New Avengers.

"I can’t get into the theories … I know [Ronin] is in the comics, but otherwise I don’t really know anything about that stuff,” said Renner.

Renner previously expressed frustration with how Hawkeye was used in the first film, as a brainwashed lackey for Loki in Marvel's The Avengers. He's also very eager to get his own solo movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But in these films, he is happy with the direction the Russo Brothers are taking Hawkeye.

"We’re doing a lot of really wondrous things that I’ve always wanted to do with this character … I think everyone will be very pleased when they find out what happens," Renner said.

As for the frustrations that Hawkeye wasn't seen anywhere in the long-awaited trailer for Avengers: Infinity War that finally debuted last month? Renner doesn't really care much and doesn't put much stock into what it could mean for Barton's fate.

"I don’t pay attention to that sort of stuff,” he says dismissively. “I was just excited that we got a trailer together and it’s coming out – that is a pretty killer trailer."

Despite Hawkeye not appearing in the trailer, fans should be encouraged by the actor's frequent posts on social media, documenting his time on both movie's sets. It indicates that Renner's character survives the events of Infinity War and continues to play a major role in the followup.

Of course, we won't know for sure until Avengers: Infinity War finally hits theaters on May 4, 2018.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/20/avengers-infinity-war-jeremy-renner-hawkeye-ronin-rumors/

I'll see about merging the comic movie thread into this one...or maybe just locking it...idk

what ya'll think

I'll see about merging the comic movie thread into this one...or maybe just locking it...idk

what ya'll think
I'd say just lock it. Lot of talk about other franchises in that thread. I don't think we will need an xmen/fox thread here now that the purchase is done. Can probably discuss everything marvel related in here movie wise. Excited to see what they do with fox studios.

I'd say just lock it. Lot of talk about other franchises in that thread. I don't think we will need an xmen/fox thread here now that the purchase is done. Can probably discuss everything marvel related in here movie wise. Excited to see what they do with fox studios.
aight

push comes to shove, i'll just reopen it

tumblr_p06m7eLu9A1sc0ffqo1_500.gif

tumblr_p06m7eLu9A1sc0ffqo2_500.gif

Back