Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

How you mean?

I didnt know too much about comic Thanos outside of him being a simp for Death which they didnt really reflect in the movies.

That's what I mean. Thanos' motivation was very different in the comics. Even outside of the simping for Death part, MCU Thanos' motivations are at least somewhat sympathetic. Comic Thanos is never sympathetic even when he's actually doing things for the greater good.

I like MCU Thanos, but aside from the way he owns the heroes, he's not that close to comic Thanos. I'm cool with that though because I don't think comic Thanos would fit into the MCU quite as well. I think Doom could fit in without too much alteration.

So Universal still has Hulk and Namor. Namor could appear in MCU movies just like Hulk does but a standalone movie for either is unlikely. Universal also has the rights to She Hulk.

and Sony(bastards) still has Spiderman and all of his villains. I feel like with the success of Venom and Into the Spiderverse, Sony is going to act an ass when it comes time to renegotiate with Marvel.

Sony should just handle the animated joints and let Marvel take care of the live action. Win-Win situation. Sony can have it's own Animated "Spiderverse" and Marvel can continue to use Spiderman and his rogues in the MCU without having to worry about Sony fucking things up.

Wouldn't be too much of a surprise if one of the former FOX properties shows up in End Game. Deadpool, maybe

I'd be surprised honestly. I think the movie was way too close to settled before the deal was really resolved for them to have put any non-guaranteed characters in the movie. That said, I could see an end credits scene with some newer characters. Something like that could have been scrapped if the deal didn't really work out as planned.

I think if we do see some sort of FOX properties in the film it will be an easter egg. Like a Deadpool billboard in the background, or a hint at the Fantastic 4 or a line of dialogue referencing something. Too late in the year to for them to be able to add in even a quick scene i'd imagine. They said that Feige wasnt even allowed to talk about any of the FOX properties being in the MCU until the deal was finalized. Unless they were lying to us of course and he was filming a secret scene the whole time

I think if we do see some sort of FOX properties in the film it will be an easter egg. Like a Deadpool billboard in the background, or a hint at the Fantastic 4 or a line of dialogue referencing something. Too late in the year to for them to be able to add in even a quick scene i'd imagine. They said that Feige wasnt even allowed to talk about any of the FOX properties being in the MCU until the deal was finalized. Unless they were lying to us of course and he was filming a secret scene the whole time

It can be something as small as someone saying the word MUTANT in one of the end credits scenes lol

It can be something as small as someone saying the word MUTANT in one of the end credits scenes lol
All they'd need is Fury sitting in an office and mention it. Wouldn't be hard to pull off for an end credits scene.

I hope the end credits hint at the next phase direction, either with mention of the next big bad or setup of the next big addition, like the X-Men or Fantastic 4.

Over/under on the end credits hinting at the next phase direction?

Under, if we talking bout the Fox properties.

Over, if we talking bout the current MCU properties. Since they seem to be the only movies set in stone(BP 2, Strange 2, Black Widow movie, and ofc Spidey 2 & GOTG 3)
I'm thinking something more than just the sequels coming out. Like the phase 1 direction was always building to a fight with Thanos with the current set of Avengers. Will the end credits for End Game hint at the overall direction of the next phase, not just sequels coming out.

I'm thinking something more than just the sequels coming out. Like the phase 1 direction was always building to a fight with Thanos with the current set of Avengers. Will the end credits for End Game hint at the overall direction of the next phase, not just sequels coming out.

Truthfully I don't think they know yet.

I sure they got ideas but nothing set that they could throw at us in some Easter egg in the end credit.

But whatever they got coming out after Far From Home should have something.

I think since the next Phase is going more cosmic

Earth and its heroes will play a larger part in the Skrull/Kree war

and I think the next possible big bad could be Galactus

Ive been trying to think about which cosmic story arcs in the comics they would most likely try to portray for the next phase

Its obvious after the events of the first 3 phases that Earth is no longer "off the radar" so to speak

Back