Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

I like the fact that Doctor Strange isn't going to like the fact the entire Asgard Civilization is on Earth. The tension between him and Thor is something I want to see explored. It'll make for a good watch.

I don't think that's likely to be a problem given that it appears Thanos destroys their ship when he comes for Loki and the Tesseract. There is bodies everywhere and how do you think Thor ends up floating in space to be retrieved by the GOTG? Because he's got a nice comfy ship he just decided to abandon to go swim amongst the stars?

Last edited by a moderator:
Theory 1;

The Avengers start off the trailer by reciting Nick Fury's speech because he died.
Given we KNOW Fury is in Captain Marvel which is going to be set in the 90s before Fury gets partially blinded and that Brie Larson is set for Avengers 4, I think it's more likely Fury comes through with "Plan B" after the Avengers fail and Thanos gets all the stones in the Infinity Gauntlet, wastes half the universe and sends the surviving Avengers to various points across time, necessitating the formation of the New Avengers to find them, retrieve them and assemble both the old and new teams alongside the GOTG to try finish Thanos off in Avengers 4. I'm kind of hoping we get Adam Warlock then to possibly set him up as being corrupted by the power and becoming the Magus for GOTG 3 which will see the old Ravagers and the current GOTG minus Drax and Nebula but with possibly Nova and Phyla-Vell to prevent, once again, the end of the galaxy.

The theory that it was Pepper Potts who was in the Iron Man suit when Thanos throws the punch is
Probably true,I was watching the leaked trailer and Spiderman says "Tony I'm sorry...for her"

There isn't a Fox Marvel thread so....

DRAtedeWkAAIzaE.jpg:large

Even though it hasn't really tied into the MCU(yet)...Agents of SHIELD has been pretty fuckin dope this season.

I am feeling this joint even more than last season which was their best so far

So the scene in BP where the tribal chiefs meet to discuss what T'chaka's death means for Wakanda is going to be mostly in Xhosa with subtitles rather than dubbed or in English, logic being "They're Africans in Africa who have distanced themselves from ever engaging with the West unless needed, why would they be speaking English in Africa given African history and colonialism?" I think that might be a tipping point for some cacs if this is big Hollywood release with subtitles.

Stan Lee is being accused of sexual harassment.

Needless to say, comic book nerds are giving him a pass simply because he's Stan Lee. They'r even justifying his alleged behavior.

But Bill Cosby was D.O.A.

Cosby's fans were doing the same thing with him. Fanboys and fangirls support the objects of their fandom no matter what.
I believe it but the dude is in his 90s and has been making less public appearances in the last 3 years as a result. I think a guy with signs of dementia at that age gets a pass on the basis of being increasingly senile and out of touch with reality. They filmed all his "cameos" for other upcoming Marvel flicks at the same time during the production of GOTG2 because they were worried he wouldn't be able to do them in the future. It's sad but it's probably true.

The Internet Reacts to 'Black Widow' Solo Movie News

After years of anticipation, vague teases from Marvel Studios, and a similar film being made by 20th Century Fox, it looks like a Black Widow solo movie could be on the way.

A recent report announced that a Black Widow solo movie is in the early stages of development, with TiMER director and Blacklist screenwriter Jac Schaeffer writing the script.

"Sources say this is still very early development," Variety reports, "as the film has no greenlight, but naming a writer is the closest the studio has come to moving forward on a standalone pic." The report also states Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige met with several potential candidates to write the film before choosing Schaeffer. Marvel execs have met with Black Widowactress Scarlett Johansson to discuss what they wanted in the script.

At the moment, it's unknown if and when the Black Widow movie will make it onscreen, considering the somewhat-ambiguous nature of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phase 4 slate. Still, that hasn't stopped people from getting pretty darn excited about the film moving forward, and expressing that excitement on Twitter.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/10/black-widow-movie-marvel-studios-jac-shaeffer-twitter/#1

The Internet Reacts to 'Black Widow' Solo Movie News

After years of anticipation, vague teases from Marvel Studios, and a similar film being made by 20th Century Fox, it looks like a Black Widow solo movie could be on the way.

A recent report announced that a Black Widow solo movie is in the early stages of development, with TiMER director and Blacklist screenwriter Jac Schaeffer writing the script.

"Sources say this is still very early development," Variety reports, "as the film has no greenlight, but naming a writer is the closest the studio has come to moving forward on a standalone pic." The report also states Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige met with several potential candidates to write the film before choosing Schaeffer. Marvel execs have met with Black Widowactress Scarlett Johansson to discuss what they wanted in the script.

At the moment, it's unknown if and when the Black Widow movie will make it onscreen, considering the somewhat-ambiguous nature of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phase 4 slate. Still, that hasn't stopped people from getting pretty darn excited about the film moving forward, and expressing that excitement on Twitter.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/10/black-widow-movie-marvel-studios-jac-shaeffer-twitter/#1

I mean, I'd fuck Scarlett Johansson, but I don't need a Black Widow movie from her. Is that sexist? I feel like it is. Ah well.

Honestly Hawkeye and Black Widow should take dirt naps ASAP against Thanos and The Black Order, but maybe they'll be resurrected in Avengers 4. I can see them keeping Scarlett on board because she's young compared to most of the rest of the cast and they need some bridge to the New Avengers line up with Captain Marvel, Dr Strange and the rest of the gang. I'm curious if Hemsworth will re-up his Thor contract because he's not actually had a lot of success outside of Thor in terms of being a leading man and franchise player.

Marvel
is finally pushing ahead with the highly anticipated “Black Widow” standalone movie starring Scarlett Johansson, with Jac Schaeffer penning the script.

Sources say this is still very early development, as the film has no greenlight, but naming a writer is the closest the studio has come to moving forward on a standalone pic. Marvel President Kevin Feige met with several candidates before tapping Schaeffer, and Marvel execs met with Johansson to discuss what they wanted from a “Black Widow” writer.

Schaeffer is an up and coming scribe who broke out with her Black List script “The Shower,” a comedy about an alien invasion during a baby shower which caught the eye of Anne Hathaway, who quickly attached herself to star in the pic.

Hathaway was so impressed with her work that she soon tapped Schaeffer to write “Nasty Women,” a new female-centric take on “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels” that also stars Hathaway.

Marvel had no comment.

Fans of the character have been pushing for her to get own movie since she first appeared in “Iron Man 2” and with the latest phase of Marvel films coming to a close, Marvel saw this as the best time to move forward with the project.

Johansson has appeared as the character in six films, the next one being this summer’s “Avengers: Infinity War.”

I believe it but the dude is in his 90s and has been making less public appearances in the last 3 years as a result. I think a guy with signs of dementia at that age gets a pass on the basis of being increasingly senile and out of touch with reality. They filmed all his "cameos" for other upcoming Marvel flicks at the same time during the production of GOTG2 because they were worried he wouldn't be able to do them in the future. It's sad but it's probably true.
You know that's bullshit right?

Old people with dementia don't just suddenly act on sexual impulses.

That's not a thing.

Back