Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

tumblr_p6nyquBqR41rrkahjo2_r1_540.gif

There have been only 2 films in all of my years of movie going that have made me forget how old they are. Bad Boys 2 and The Avengers. You'd think a movie more than 5 years old would seem dated either stylistically or by some choice of the director at the time. Watching Age of Ultron and Civil War can make you take for granted how seemingly impossible it was to bring together a group of characters who existed in their own franchises or as accessories in other franchises. The most audacious I think we had seen was Freddy vs Jason and Alien vs Predator. But nothing like this. So I still give this a 9.5 out of 10 and rank it top 5 in the MCU, top 10 superhero films of all time. It's one of the few films that gets to be judged non-traditional because from a story telling perspective, it is a payoff to those who have been invested in the Marvel brand more than someone who decided to make it their first comic book movie experience.

The saddest part about the dark world is that it was literally the same threat as The Avengers only with much much more dire consequences and yet there is virtually no mention of it. Like it was an isolated incident.

The saddest part about the dark world is that it was literally the same threat as The Avengers only with much much more dire consequences and yet there is virtually no mention of it. Like it was an isolated incident.

It makes sense though because the threat was more contained. In the Avengers, there was basically a small scale war fought in the streets of NYC. The events in the Dark World weren't quite that blatant.

Back