Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

Bizarre choice. Im wondering if Scarlett Witch or Doctor Strange cause this to happen, or if they will just add electro to the movie like they added Spidey to the MCU and just be like "You know who he is already.. no backstory needed."

Unless they’re doing a full on multiverse and bring Tobey back too hell no to bringing back Andrew

Yes to bringing back Andrew.

He was the best of all them three. Both socially awkward and intellectually past-beyond-being-gifted although flawed ans consistently hammered to-and-fro by drama.

McGuire was a good Spiderman, but not such a good Peter - SM3 proved it (although it was still a good deconstruction of the hero, though) . Disney constantly stiffles Holland's performance by babying up and pampering up SM, making him more awkward and Milesmorales-esque so I can't stand any of his solo movies.

Garfield was controversial, polarizing. Heroes means polarizing controversy.
If you're too comfortable shoving your mouth with a popcorn and chuckling every two-minutes row with the actions of a fictitious superhero diving in a full PR sitcom, then you failed as a creative-- both Comic Authority Code approved Silver Age, Josstice League, superhero comic books as well as the Arrowverse' and later MCU films's decreasing public popularity rates proves it.

I stop reading there

You sir are smoking crack

A lot of people tell he was wack, but no one can telling why, besides complaining that Garfield's not ugly.

No matter how polarizing the TASM film franchise was, Garfield objectively was an excellent Spiderman and an excellent Peter Parker. And because of that, he last the best of them three.

Last edited:
A lot of people tell he was wack, but no one can telling why, besides complaining that Garfield's not ugly.

Bo matter how polarizing the TASM film franchise was, Garfield objectively was an excellent Spiderman and an excellent Peter Parker. And because of that, he last the best of them three.
He sucked as Peter, he sucked as Spiderman.

The entire franchise was ass cheeks. He didnt carry the films at all. He was a terrible choice and the films were unneeded

He sucked as Peter, he sucked as Spiderman.

The entire franchise was ass cheeks. He didnt carry the films at all. He was a terrible choice and the films were unneeded

Yet, you cannot explain how he sucked.

Also, "he didn't carry the films at all" ??? What the hell is the blindness of that bias??? Each movie made over an half-billion in box office, which was still meaningful for early-to-mid 2010s standards.

"Uneeded" and so? No one asked for a majority of any impactful blockbuster or remake in film history. A third of the Avenger-level MCU films are based upon remakes. Cap was a remake from an another remake. Hulk was a remake. MCU Spiderman was a remake and so on-and-forth... never stopped anyone to watch them and make Disney rich at every single billion-grossing release.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS

Also, "he didn't carry the films at all" ??? What the hell is the blindness of that bias??? Each movie made over an half-billion in box office, which was still meaningful for early-to-mid 2010s standards.

"Uneeded" and so? No one asked for a majority of any impactful blockbuster or remake in film history. A third of the Avenger-level MCU films are based upon remakes. Cap was a remake from an another remake. Hulk was a remake. MCU Spiderman was a remake and so on-and-forth... never stopped anyone to watch them and make Disney rich at every single billion-grossing release.
Bruh he was boring as Spider-Man, and too cool as Peter Parker. Those are your reasons. Lizard as a villain in the first one the cgi sucked and let me not get on the 2nd one and this fucking guy

A3128B39-7C54-4912-B41F-8470DAC94430.jpeg 388005B0-6659-4C9D-BD45-349EAF353CAE.jpeg
Those movies sucked!

He sucked bruh

He sucked, the films sucked. I dont care how much it made because it sucked

Bruh he was boring as Spider-Man, and too cool as Peter Parker. Those are your reasons. Lizard as a villain in the first one the cgi sucked and let me not get on the 2nd one and this fucking guy

View attachment 371172View attachment 371173
Those movies sucked!

You're the only one complaining about Lizard when most everyone applauded the CGIs.

The only people complaining about Peter's being so-calledly cool are the people complaining about Peter being not an ugly incel. Peter has his ups-and-down during his high school years but remains nonetheless widely impopular in every single life-action iteration. Furthermore, one of comic-book Spidey's major recurrent plots while growing into his later teens to twenties, was that both Peter and most especially SM became recurrent serial monoganists across the story: women who used to snub him at age 15-17 were now dating him on-and-off frequently. Peter never stayed single for a long since the Ditko era.

Coming back to the movies, MacGuire's Peter was impopular because he was a nerdy, unconfident and ugly classroom genius prior getting mutated: afterwards he began drawing way too much attention with his suddenly increasing high athletic prowess, acrobatics, super-strength, absent myopia, changing color eyes, (slight) glowing-up and ripped body all acquired overnight-- hell, he accidentally drew his bio-organic webs and catched the whole content of a plate dropping mid-air in full middle of the canteen! He was smart enough to not draw further attention and keep getting this way when he attended the campus - quite begrudgingly - by holding back his intellectual prowess as well as his double life to everyone save Dr. Connor, who was not that gullible (matter-of-factly, TASM1 was originally planned to be Raimi's SM5) . Yet, until his narcissist tendencies began cripping forth in SM3...

Still... his both personaes began drawing the attention of MJ and Gwen, who both used to be way out of his league. In SM3, his super-persona ascended at the status of a living icon, making him almost unanimously cool for everyone (which was already byt slowly building up since the first movie) .

Whom to Garfield's Peter, yes he's far less unnoticeable than MacGuire's because of the whole "pretty poster-boy-slash-Shia-Laboeuf-esque-skater-boy" personae he's exuding, coupled by the fact he got Andrew Garfield's face... still, you rarely see anyone in the high school, besides Gwen Stacy and a few other, interacting intimally with him; and he still got bullied by Flash Thompson until the two ended up resuming their silly rivality following Uncle Ben's murder.
TASM2 is even very clear that Peter is bordering on full creepy incel zone at multiple instances: by stalking his ex Gwen for ONE YEAR STRAIGHT, spending a major extent of his leisure time outside crimefighting to obsessively investigate on his parent's murder and late (?) father's secrets and being pushy. At the climax of the film, he spent five months talking to NO ONE following the prematured death of Gwen Stacy, mourning and isolating himself as the rest of the city is in the meantime tormented by the uprise of the Sinister Six led by Dr. Octopus (and a fakely-dead Norman Osborn behind the shadows) .

Having lived most of the same shit Peter live since his teenage years, trust me: being effortlessly cool and appreciated by the lookers around doesn't guarantee you from warsing off the Impopular Incel pass etiquetted by others on your acne-smitten forefront from time at time. Why? Because Garfield's Peter was nonetheless a socially awkward, borderline narcissist, reclusive classroom genius who acted very creepy and stalky at times (remember how Gwen and Peter met?) : and the fact his newfoind superpowers and responsabilities make him more secretive, monastical, guilt-ridden and depressed haven't helped, especially as the list of people he keep losing are dropping high.

How about MCU Spidey? He's pushy, simping, overly awkward, bromantic to the brim this is even suspiciously Miles-Moralesque (and it is now confirmed that was planned in this fashion) but how about the narcisstic and supergenius tendencies? Completely stifled by the shadow of Tony Stark and Disney/Marvel Studios's bad child-targeting marketing policy choices. I hate how I can't see Tom Holland at his full potential, because he's a very good actor and had a potential to overshadow his two forerunners.

Man I ain’t reading all that shit! You the only one on this bitch championing them wack ass shits. I fuck with the comics but in this live action aspect, Garfield is trash.

I am championing no one. Each of them three have their share of qualities and defaults.

McGuire's SM pre-SM3 was almost virtually flawless, then when his dark side showed in SM3 he got so Emo that even after all of those years, a lot of fans still haven't get the intent of the storyline (and never willfully would) .

TASM was too Millenial-esque--and Garfield's SM is around the same age bracket than I am.

Whom to MCU SM? He's a fucking awkward baby with the most Freudian baby logo and a simp obssessed with Tony Stark. Comic-book Peter Parker hates Tony: he hates him so much that Octavius felt the need to protect the posthumous dignity of the guy he body-snatched then murdered by knocking the soul of that chronical turd-- and y'all know it!

Each of them three have something I can't stand at all, yet even in spite my great depreciation of the MCU SM franchise and how the PR tries to turn Peter into, I'm not comparing his character neither the actor to perishable waste.

Back