Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

m.i.l pretty much ready to wrap this shit up and get ready for a fall garden

had to get rid of two cucumber plants and two zucchini plants....shits got too big

everything got too much fertilizer to start with, so some of the colors are funny

the peppers that look bad on the bottom were just too heavy so they hung down in the dirt

green bean plants got huge but not one bean in sight

lemon tree got big but everything is still green af......I wonder if its really a lime tree lmao

Harvested some baby potatoes this morning and a clipping from my sweet potato is ready to go into the ground

20180721_133539.jpg

20180709_135244.jpg

Going to try for some carrots, herbs and cherry tomatoes soon.

HORNWORMS!!!

my first time ever seeing this shit....this plant was full of leaves and tomatoes yesterday

tmp-cam-2847079772043113528.jpg

Ewww is right

You gotta literally peel them shits away from whatever they're holding onto....and you can only smash em or put em in soap water

Reading up on it and this shit has been 4-6 weeks in the making....the moths lay eggs in the dirt at the end of spring...says we should have seen cacoons under the leaves but we only saw the worms cuz all the foliage was gone...they're the same damn color as the plant smh

daaaaamn that's fucked up! They had a damn feast!

Next time try to put some crushed eggshells on top of the soil surrounding your plant. The sharp edges of the shells will cut up snails, slugs and other shit before they can climb your plant. Some might get through but it should stop a few

read up on the lemons and they say them shits take 9 months

ours are finally turning a little....its maybe a dozen in all lol

im surprised they're not more expensive

still getting peppers and basil but everything else is pretty much done

starting to experiment with some "flowers"

@1/2 we call them grub worms I had a tomato plant growing good as hell big tomatoes green leaves and all went out there and saw them things I was livid. Lowe's sell some stuff that you sprinkle on the plant that kills them and doesn't hurt/ harm what you growing.

I was explaining to the lady what I had and she was like I can tell you are upset. Cause I picked off all of em the plant. I need to get back into it. It was nice seeing it grow and actually eating my fruit/ veggies

Yeah u cant beat that

We ain't really had no tomatoes or peppers from the store this year....I grabbed a couple from outside last night for fajitas

My girls were picking strawberries damn near every day thru the summer...shit felt good

anybody know how to "cool off" soil with too much nutrients in it?

maybe spread it out by mixing it with something?

anybody know how to "cool off" soil with too much nutrients in it?

maybe spread it out by mixing it with something?

did you put too much nutrients in or is the soil just too rich as it is? If you put something in it flushing it with a shitload of water might do the trick

did you put too much nutrients in or is the soil just too rich as it is? If you put something in it flushing it with a shitload of water might do the trick

too rich to begin with....its just miracle grow potting soil but its still to hot for what im trying to do

just trying not to go buy some organic shit cuz I got a bunch of this already

too rich to begin with....its just miracle grow potting soil but its still to hot for what im trying to do

just trying not to go buy some organic shit cuz I got a bunch of this already

You have a soil PH tester/meter? Test the ph of the soil, flush the hell out of it with a bunch of water and then test the ph again after to see if it makes a difference

Pulled up some sweet potatoes earlier today. I replanted from one of my last ones that got chewed up by the bugs

From this cutting...
20180709_135244-jpg.60188

I got this
20181014_150717.jpg

I wanted to leave them for maybe another month but the slugs were feasting on the leaves at night. Tore that shit all the way up so I harvested early

Back