Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

tmp-cam-7827198188353973241.jpg tmp-cam-5965882544919261855.jpg tmp-cam-327699630930058777.jpg

green beans (the lil baby sprout) started

already got some potatoes out the ground, cut em up and replanted

tomatoes doing better than last time

Last edited:
tmp-cam-3145589848935753381.jpg tmp-cam-8246868891367514722.jpg tmp-cam-8618580720012558734.jpg

zucchini plant got big but not a veggie in sight

squash got a little something going under there

the greens are growing crazy....already cut em down, washed, cooked, and ate off them twice

Last edited:
I might just be geeked but we cooked some of the fresh red potatoes yesterday

never buying from the grocery store again if I can help it

View attachment 45065 View attachment 45066 View attachment 45067

zucchini plant got big but not a veggie in sight

squash got a little something going under there

the greens are growing crazy....already cut em down, washed, cooked, and ate off them twice

bruh I gave up on my greens.. I done made collard greens every which way I can imagine and now im just sick of them.. bout to pull them up and make space for something else lol

In the meantime tho

Sweet potatoes coming along nicely
20180517_161043.jpg

Brussel Sprouts and one lonely ass Strawberry lol
20180517_161103.jpg

My Artichoke experiment
20180517_161119.jpg

Pineapple coming up 20180517_161228.jpg

Lil bit of corn..hopefully it fills out soon
20180517_161245.jpg

oh shit

daps on the pineapple and brussel sprouts....gotta give those a run

this man got corn!!!!

we got bell peppers and squash starting to grow

even some lemons popping up on the tree

im trying to get more into this shit on a day to day....the kids love it

its really my m.i.l. taking care of this shit tho.....I just set it up and eat lol

oh shit

daps on the pineapple and brussel sprouts....gotta give those a run

this man got corn!!!!

we got bell peppers and squash starting to grow

even some lemons popping up on the tree

im trying to get more into this shit on a day to day....the kids love it

its really my m.i.l. taking care of this shit tho.....I just set it up and eat lol

Good shit bruh! Man I wish I had some space for some lemons or cherries. I'm using my aerogarden indoors to try to grow some habanero peppers and cherry tomatoes.

My current aerogarden light only goes up to about 12 inches.. the next one I cop finna go up to 24.. that should be enough for some indoor growing. I haven't found anything that goes any taller in case I wanted to experiment trying to grow some uhhhh... herbs lol

Reactions: 1/2
yeah thats all im interested in growing inside....that and just some house plants

we got a few cherry tomato plants out there.....specifically for my 3 yr old.....we have to give her a pack to snack on while we're in the grocery store and she still tries to open the home pack lol

"benados", she calls them

20180422_143434.jpg

This is my backyard. This was during the beginning of spring of this year.

Cleared up a lot of stuff upon the hill after I took that pic. Now everything is grown out, which doesn't look too bad now. My Dad pointed out that I got grapes growing up there.

My question for yall is...what else should I grow?

I was thinking of tomatoes b/c we eat a lot of those. Any suggestions would be helpful.

View attachment 50631

Cleared up a lot of stuff upon the hill after I took that pic. Now everything is grown out, which doesn't look too bad now. My Dad pointed out that I got grapes growing up there.

I was thinking of tomatoes b/c we eat a lot of those. Any suggestions would be helpful.

@IP360 I would plant the kind of stuff you and the fam like to eat honestly. Look online to see what you can grow this time of year for the region you're in. This site might help you out - https://www.ufseeds.com/learning/what-to-plant-now/

View attachment 50631

You gotta check what's on season, spring is almost over, gotta look for dinner vegetables

Decided to harvest my sweet potatoes this morning.. got 3 decent ones and a mini.

20180616_131206.jpg

The bugs got to my biggest ones tho 20180616_131137.jpg

:foh5:

Gonna replant from the clippings once I turn and replenish the soil tho

Got some chives coming along nicely. I think i'm going to get a dehydrator next time I hit the states. That way I can dry out a lot of these herbs, bottle them up and store for later use.

20180624_100938.jpg

What's up everybody. It's been a minute. I hope everyone is doing well. Props to everyone out here growing their own food. This is an important thread.

Here's some of the things I've been building and talking about all this time.

We can change our communities but it takes action. This wasn't done with money or voting. This was done and is being done with action and a little bit of love.

Y'all are the first ones I shared these videos with. Share them if you think they're worthy of being shared and holler at me if you'd like to build something similar in your community, neighborhood, or workplace.

Peace and blessings

Back