Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

How old is the tree? You got fruit from it before?

Cant tell wassup with the weird branch part. The leaves on that branch still healthy?
The tree like 2 years old I think. No fruit from it had 1 peach but it just stayed the same size. And yea the leaves are really healthy.

The tree like 2 years old I think. No fruit from it had 1 peach but it just stayed the same size. And yea the leaves are really healthy.

was it grafted or grown from seed?

If it wasnt grafted it'll prolly be another year or two before you get some decent fruit from it

was it grafted or grown from seed?

If it wasnt grafted it'll prolly be another year or two before you get some decent fruit from it
Got it from a nursery. I may go up there and show em the picture and see what they say. They said it should bear fruit in a year

Picked my first tomatoes!!!

r4VZAi.jpg

Picture dump time

Couple of different peppers and some lemon basil
20210812_153730.jpeg

Sugar rush cream peppers - Theyre spos to be sweet with a lil pineapply type flavor but it's got some heat to it too. Cant wait to try them out.. maybe make a sauce out of them
20210813_154015.jpg
20210809_180645.jpg
20210813_154010.jpg

Same peppers and like 3-4 different types of tomatoes under the water bottles
20210809_180601.jpg 20210809_180657.jpg

Lesya peppers. One of the sweetest peppers you can get. Ima dehydrate these joints and make some sweet paprika
20210813_151347.jpg

More lesya peppers, a couple yellow tomatoes and a random mini watermelon from my pops
20210809_181237.jpg

Picture dump time

Couple of different peppers and some lemon basil
View attachment 613412

Sugar rush cream peppers - Theyre spos to be sweet with a lil pineapply type flavor but it's got some heat to it too. Cant wait to try them out.. maybe make a sauce out of them
View attachment 613413
View attachment 613417
View attachment 613414

Same peppers and like 3-4 different types of tomatoes under the water bottles
View attachment 613416View attachment 613418

Lesya peppers. One of the sweetest peppers you can get. Ima dehydrate these joints and make some sweet paprika
View attachment 613415

More lesya peppers, a couple yellow tomatoes and a random mini watermelon from my pops
View attachment 613419

Dope, if/when you make some sauce post up some pics, bro...

Also, Im looking to buy a dehydrator to make my own herbal and fruit teas, so any pics of what you do with the dehydrating would be interesting too...

Dope, if/when you make some sauce post up some pics, bro...

Also, Im looking to buy a dehydrator to make my own herbal and fruit teas, so any pics of what you do with the dehydrating would be interesting too...

I gotchu next time I do it bruh. I still got a gang of onions from my last harvest and they were just taking up space so I cut up a bunch of them joints, dehydrated them.. then ground them up and made my own onion powder. Tossed a few grains of rice in there to keep it from clumping.

20210813_160925.jpeg

I've done the same with habanero peppers and jalapeno peppers to make a powder.

If I know im not gonna be able to eat all of the tomatoes I have, I dehydrate them to make "sun" dried tomatoes as they last a hell of a lot longer and wont get wasted.

outside of dehydrating I've attempted to make some hot sauce before but I havent gotten the recipe quite right just yet. Need more practice lol

I gotchu next time I do it bruh. I still got a gang of onions from my last harvest and they were just taking up space so I cut up a bunch of them joints, dehydrated them.. then ground them up and made my own onion powder. Tossed a few grains of rice in there to keep it from clumping.

View attachment 613430

I've done the same with habanero peppers and jalapeno peppers to make a powder.

If I know im not gonna be able to eat all of the tomatoes I have, I dehydrate them to make "sun" dried tomatoes as they last a hell of a lot longer and wont get wasted.

outside of dehydrating I've attempted to make some hot sauce before but I havent gotten the recipe quite right just yet. Need more practice lol

Interesting, I never even though about making powders... I'll probably be hitting you up for advice when I start attempting my concoctions lol

Its dope to not waste any of the food you grow though...

Interesting, I never even though about making powders... I'll probably be hitting you up for advice when I start attempting my concoctions lol

Its dope to not waste any of the food you grow though...

I started off with the red joints I had.. it's gonna be another couple days or more before the ones on the plant are ready and I dont want these ripe ones to go bad before then.

Chopped em up and put them on the lil dehydrator disc joints. I set the temp to be like 135. I left them in there for like 14 hours or so cuz I cut some of the other pieces too big and wanted to make sure they were completely dry

20210814_215221.jpg
20210814_215422.jpg

After they were dried I put them in my nutribullet using the milling blade. You can use a mortar and pestle if you dont want it finely ground tho.
20210815_140200.jpg
20210815_140651.jpg

Turned it to powder and this is the amount of sweet parprika I ended up with. Lol some of the rest of the joints when they go ripe will fill the rest of the container
20210815_141017.jpg 20210815_141056.jpg

Got plenty seeds left over for next year
20210815_141255.jpg

I started off with the red joints I had.. it's gonna be another couple days or more before the ones on the plant are ready and I dont want these ripe ones to go bad before then.

Chopped em up and put them on the lil dehydrator disc joints. I set the temp to be like 135. I left them in there for like 14 hours or so cuz I cut some of the other pieces too big and wanted to make sure they were completely dry

View attachment 615220
View attachment 615221

After they were dried I put them in my nutribullet using the milling blade. You can use a mortar and pestle if you dont want it finely ground tho.
View attachment 615222
View attachment 615223

Turned it to powder and this is the amount of sweet parprika I ended up with. Lol some of the rest of the joints when they go ripe will fill the rest of the container
View attachment 615224View attachment 615225

Got plenty seeds left over for next year
View attachment 615226
You ever have any problem with it clumping up

Back