Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

Maaan growing fruit and veg is harder that I thought!!! Its all a learning curve though haha

Ive put just some netting over my greenhouse so I can leave the door open and keep flies and bugs out, as its been getting too humid in there with the door closed...

Because its been getting so humid after watering Ive been getting bits of green like mould on a couple of the plants soil, has anyone else had this???

kLUud3.jpg

Overall though Im getting results...

The tomato and chilli are shooting up like mad...

IG2eIC.jpg

Ive just moved the blueberry from the greenhouse into the garden as its getting so big... Its starting to bud so I'll have to stick some mesh over it this weekend to to keep the wildlife off it...

VLNVHx.jpg

Peppermint is going crazy too...

g30uoL.jpg

Strawberries starting to look better...

WOkD20.jpg

This was cool as fck... I soaked some fresh garlic bulbs in warm water over night, then planted them and within less then a week they have sprung up and starting to smell pretty strong!!! Im gonna do the same with ginger too...

JCP0KI.jpg

The camomile smells amazing and is starting to bud but its looking abit sorry for itself and floppy *pause*... This was one of the plants that I scrapped some green mould off the soil, so I think it may need repotting so it will hopefully straighten back up...

4tcuFS.jpg

The beetroot is starting to spring up over last few days...

yVXnj0.jpg

Hyssop is looking strong

NBNt0W.jpg

The veg trug is dope and doing a job whilst I make a vegetable bed... It keeps the wildlife out but allows ventilation... Got some kale, red cabbage, spinach, sweetcorn growing atm... Im gonna put abit more compost down this weekend...

ccFsFL.jpg

Last edited:
Even if you don't have a lotta space outside you can still grow a few things inside..

I got an AeroGarden as a gift and you can grow things like peppers, cherry tomatoes, all sorts of herbs in there. You dont even need soil
View attachment 22037

You can put all sorts of things in there.. put some water in the base along with some liquid plant food and ur good to go. The light is retractable so you can make it taller/shorter depending on the plant. I just wish the AeroGarden light I have got a bit taller for larger plants
How much energy it use?

snd did you try weed yet?

My wife's garden. A little bit of everything. Carrots, onions, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, watermelon, cantaloupe, etc.

View attachment 552605

"Built" the boxes myself. Lined the bottom with chicken wire that keeps out groundhogs/moles and a mesh liner that prevents weeds. Under that is just the ground.

Goat to all of you growing and thanks @Inori for putting me onto the thread.
Update pic:

3908C467-0D2E-4BC0-B064-C6F436B7B16A.jpeg

@Inori daum breda, looking through this thread looks like you never need to go to store...

Most people get neighbours asking to borrow some milk or sugar, you must get neighbours coming round asking 'hey man, can I borrow some potatoes, kale and cucumbers' lol

lmao tryna eat healthy can be expensive as fuck out here. Best to grow it yourself if you can and I know I dont put pesticides and chemicals on my shit so thats another thing as well

How much energy it use?

snd did you try weed yet?

It has LED lights so the energy use is pretty low... I wish they had a much bigger model tho. As for the other question I have no idea what you mean officer 😆

Back