Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

Cucumbers need support.. when they start growing they need something to latch(run) onto

They grow little tassels that latch on and wrap around anything around them for support so they can keep growing

I only mention it cuz they might grab onto the other plants that are in that pot.

Not my pics lol:

View attachment 295609

View attachment 295607View attachment 295608

Gotcha. So should I start doing that now? Or wait a lil more until they start to develop?

I got started super late this year so ill be lucky to get one harvest. But my wife did get me this green house so im trying to use it to speed up some of my transplants.

In this i have tomato, romaine lettuce, bush beans, collard greens, cilantro, green & yellow onion.

20200618_154600.jpg

Ill take a picture of my garden bed in a few weeks when it looks more respectable lol.

I got started super late this year so ill be lucky to get one harvest. But my wife did get me this green house so im trying to use it to speed up some of my transplants.

In this i have tomato, romaine lettuce, bush beans, collard greens, cilantro, green & yellow onion.

View attachment 300536

Ill take a picture of my garden bed in a few weeks when it looks more respectable lol.

This is a dope setup fam!

This is a dope setup fam!

Appreciate it man. Trying something different.

You a little more advanced than i am tho man. I can tell by your pics lol.

How easy/difficult is it to grow those purple sweet potato? Might give that a shot next year. Prolly too late now for this year.

View attachment 300536

Where she get that, and for how much?

Appreciate it man. Trying something different.

You a little more advanced than i am tho man. I can tell by your pics lol.

How easy/difficult is it to grow those purple sweet potato? Might give that a shot next year. Prolly too late now for this year.

I just be trying shit and hope it works LOL.

wasn't that hard for the sweet potatoes tho.

I copped some from the grocery store and let them sit for a lil while. Made sure to buy ones that had alot of "eyes" which is where the plants end up growing from. One they start sprouting it will look similar to this

20200618_172815.jpg

Once the potato/sweet potato starts growing sprouts I cut the potatoes(leaving the sprouts intact) and plant them into the ground... couple days later they'll start to root and take off from there.

I've noticed that sweet potatoes like to run... they grow OUT and not UP... and you can get a whole lot if you plant the runners into the ground.

20200618_173308.jpg

Looks like alot but if you look through it all, you'll see how the sweet potato is running.. but not all of it is IN the ground... in the pic below you can even see roots coming out.. Ima get a decent amount of sweet potatoes as it is but if I put that runner in there dirt....I can get even more

20200618_173340.jpg

Regular potatoes seem to grow UP and dont run.

20200618_173250.jpg

I just be trying shit and hope it works LOL.

wasn't that hard for the sweet potatoes tho.

I copped some from the grocery store and let them sit for a lil while. Made sure to buy ones that had alot of "eyes" which is where the plants end up growing from. One they start sprouting it will look similar to this

View attachment 300565

Once the potato/sweet potato starts growing sprouts I cut the potatoes(leaving the sprouts intact) and plant them into the ground... couple days later they'll start to root and take off from there.

I've noticed that sweet potatoes like to run... they grow OUT and not UP... and you can get a whole lot if you plant the runners into the ground.

View attachment 300567

Looks like alot but if you look through it all, you'll see how the sweet potato is running.. but not all of it is IN the ground... in the pic below you can even see roots coming out.. Ima get a decent amount of sweet potatoes as it is but if I put that runner in there dirt....I can get even more

View attachment 300568

Regular potatoes seem to grow UP and dont run.

View attachment 300566

See...i would have never knew that about sweet potatoes and planting the runners.

Good looking out on the info.

Update...
20200623_171619.jpg

I think I might have to start puttin some wooden rods b/t the basil and cucumbers like Inori mentioned. Its gettin there...slowly but surely

last sweet potato harvest for the year. Ima be sick of these shits pretty soon.

20200627_145705.jpg 20200627_145738.jpg

Got some habanero peppers, chives, garlic, cucumbers, carrots and cubanelle peppers coming up soon

Should I be concerned wit seeing ants crawling around on my growing cucumbers and basil?

also just planted a peach tree in the backyard. Digging the hole almost cut some kind of cable thought it was a root of some sort I had to go in the house and was like aye did anything flicker. She like naw i was like bet

also just planted a peach tree in the backyard. Digging the hole almost cut some kind of cable thought it was a root of some sort I had to go in the house and was like aye did anything flicker. She like naw i was like bet

Bruh aint that in the instructions tagged on the tree?? Lol

Back