Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Loc Thread

I am use to those viewing me differently as it is, just being an African woman in Vanilla-Land. These Corporate folks can't stand me but may have tolerated me because I could blend with blow outs or cute curls and glasses. They may have felt that I could pass for a mixed chick. lol! smh..
Come back next week dreaded, with African symbol Tats and new piercings.

I'm bunking with ya'll if I get fired GOT DANG IT! :jordan: lol.

But for serious, please send any and all questions that I should ask him. I posted the link to whom I will have working on my hair in my previous post.
I am all ears.
Just ask questions about what he is using to wash, condition and twist your locs. Make sure they are as natural as can be. Read the labels yourself before he starts. Tell him to use natural products even if the process takes longer. Remember your scalp is alive and can not happily grow hair if he uses dead artificial products on it.

dont overload her with too much information luker.
lol lawd let her breathe, she will find what works for her in due time :)

Just ask questions about what he is using to wash, condition and twist your locs. Make sure they are as natural as can be. Read the labels yourself before he starts. Tell him to use natural products even if the process takes longer. Remember your scalp is alive and can not happily grow hair if he uses dead artificial products on it.
realest advice for any1 natural. i learned to run if a salon won't let me pick the products.

dont overload her with too much information luker.
lol lawd let her breathe, she will find what works for her in due time :)
Sorry. She seems like a very strong person so I was trying to give her information. It was also based on the excitement of knowing there will be another one of us in this world. I wanted to make sure she does it right.

Sorry. She seems like a very strong person so I was trying to give her information. It was also based on the excitement of knowing there will be another one of us in this world. I wanted to make sure she does it right.

Oh youre fine. I get it. I totally get it.
I just remember when I first started out ppl started telling me so much shit and it became confusing and kinda overwhelming.

Oh youre fine. I get it. I totally get it.
I just remember when I first started out ppl started telling me so much shit and it became confusing and kind of overwhelming.
Everyone has opinions of what works for them. There is no end all to be all. I just try to keep it natural.

That should be pretty simple because I don't use that ish on my hair now. I shall do it LURKER!

giphy.gif

oh ok so you dont put anything in your hair?
how do you wash your hair?

Perhaps, I should have said harsh chemicals haha. Touche.:df3:

I use Lush products. Handmade, all natural fruits, berries, organic oils and ish.
Avocado Co-wash
Honey and Coconut Oil for moisture
Banana puree for blowouts and that's it.
upload_2017-3-30_14-35-34.png

I use Lush products. Handmade, all natural fruits, berries, organic oils and ish.
Avocado Co-wash
View attachment 5014

Im about to pick up some of these items.
do you know where I can find these at?
I would love to try the avocado co-wash

Avocado Co-wash
View attachment 5014
Do you make your own avacodo wash and stuff? I know it is a lot to do and I drive my wife crazy with my aloe conditioner but natural takes time.

Im about to pick up some of these items.
do you know where I can find these at.
I would love to try the avocado co-wash

http://www.lushusa.com/hair/shampoo/avocado-co-wash/05940.html

And this stuff smells DELICIOUS... takes every fiber of my being not to bite into this bar.

I'm sure there is a local store in your area.

It's very soft and creamy when wet so you can break a small piece rub in your hands and apply through hair. You will "LOVE" it.
You will hate me later if you ever go into this shop. You will spend.. lots of money.
I switched my whole body care up in this shop.
I don't use chemical toothpaste.
Body creams
Hair products
Face products.
Deodorant lol.. I replaced everything!

Do you make your own avacodo wash and stuff? I know it is a lot to do and I drive my wife crazy with my aloe conditioner but natural takes time.
Buy some avacodo's and do it yourself. Joking........ not really but......

I do now, after learning more from that store and other naturalistas.

But I would start at Lush. It makes it much easier and they teach you there.

Back