Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Loc Thread

i remember kandy's frustration lol

good news is that it gets better as they get longer

Why did you keep cutting them
first time, i felt it was hindering me from getting a job. I was in NOLA then

second time, there were no good chicks in BR that knew how to retwist. Dreads werent as widely rocked in BR as they were in NOLA, so every time i got them done by this one chick, they didnt stay fresh for long and this was with me doing the same maintenance i was doing when i lived in NOLA. And they charged more and at that time, i didnt have the money to keep going as often.

the waves been treating me good tho

I wonder how common that shit is.. when I first started growing mine I was lookin for a job and folks wasnt tryna hire me for shit even though I'm great at what I do.. I thought it was cuz I had locks.. was growing them for like a year or two... after being denied jobs for mad long I was like damn.... maybe its the locks... and ended up choppin em off...

After I had the low haircut corporate look... I still wasnt finding steady work.. mind you this was in the heat of the recession but I still couldnt help but feel some type of way about it.

Ended up being like.. aye man.. fuck what they talkin bout... folks finna hire me for my skills and not my hair and decided to grow my shit back out regardless of how employers felt about it.. Ended up finding some good shit eventually

I got a raise to my training career with locs

I got my current supervisor career with locs

Sometimes my shit on point, other times they not. I like to think my skill and personality carries me over

I’m nine months loc’d. My hair is actually holding this last retwist pretty damn good. It’s been four days and it don't look six weeks old like it normally would by now.

I never had an issue with employments/employers when I was loc'd. The folks that did the hiring/training/etc... showered my hair with the most love. Especially the white menz.

Back