Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Loc Thread

It isn't even 8am AP, don't have me getting fired midweek lmao

post-32316-Omar-winks-gif-The-Wire-Imgur-8Gq4.gif

Just confirmed my appointment to start my dreads. :-)

Too bad I have to drive 3 hours away to get them done.
zooey35.gif~c200

Why so far babe?

and yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

His shop is in Houston, he uses more natural products, no bees wax, black gel or any of that stuff which I do not use in my hair now.
http://damianwalter1.wixsite.com/damianwalter - His work is quality and he actually 'listens' to his clients. and thank you! I'm excited.

Are you mentally prepared and do you know the person that is doing it?

I have been debating this and getting a tattoo for over for over 2 years. Between my fear of loosing my momentum in corporate america (at the time, because now is different story) and playing Semi-Pro football I didn't think that I was ready to care for or worry about the maintenance.

It's been a long mental road and I am excited and ready for it now.

As for 'knowing' him, No.. but I don't know anyone that has dreads other than the few I talk to on this forum, let alone do dreads themselves. So I am trusting the person who referred me to him, who has dreads themselves.

Congrats sis.

and it takes some time for them to loc, so you can always take them out if you change your mind.

I'ma start posting some of my favorite male freeform youtubers.

This one is no longer on youtube and took down all of his videos after he cut his freeforms due to getting a new job smh. He was one of if not my favorite freeform youtuber, here's a collab vid he did with another youtuber.

Nigga had the Goat freeforms smh

This one is no longer on youtube and took down all of his videos after he cut his freeforms due to getting a new job smh. He was one of if not my favorite freeform youtuber, here's a collab vid he did with another youtuber.

beautiful accents

Lenny Kravitz doing an aloe vera rinse. U can find aloe vera cactus plants at the grocery store for a dollar. These rinses are good for ur hair, helps strengthen it and grow faster.

The arms.... on that GOD. whew.

@Reesey welcome to community. I don't want to sound crazy but it is a life changing thing. People will see you differently both positively and negatively. You should document your journey by taking pictures of your stages. There are a bunch of questions I would want you to ask the person but that might annoy them. Blessed be all the people that are Natty and strong!!! Understand that locs as we know them were started as a form of rebellion by soldiers that refused to cut their hair until their rightful king sat upon his throne. The last Black King. His Imperial Majesty.

@Reesey welcome to community. I don't want to sound crazy but it is a life changing thing. People will see you differently both positively and negatively. You should document your journey by taking pictures of your stages. There are a bunch of questions I would want you to ask the person but that might annoy them. Blessed be all the people that are Natty and strong!!! Understand that locs as we know them were started as a form of rebellion by soldiers that refused to cut their hair until their rightful king sat upon his throne. The last Black King. His Imperial Majesty.

I am use to those viewing me differently as it is, just being an African woman in Vanilla-Land. These Corporate folks can't stand me but may have tolerated me because I could blend with blow outs or cute curls and glasses. They may have felt that I could pass for a mixed chick. lol! smh..
Come back next week dreaded, with African symbol Tats and new piercings.

I'm bunking with ya'll if I get fired GOT DANG IT! :jordan: lol.

But for serious, please send any and all questions that I should ask him. I posted the link to whom I will have working on my hair in my previous post.
I am all ears.

Didn't watch but the part about cutting his hair because he got a new job is saddening. I know we all have to do what we have to do to eat and provide shelter for us and our family so I won't judge but I hope he looked for several jobs and thus wasn't the first option.

I started growing my locs after learning more and more about our history in this country,
our pain and struggle. the way they forced us to assimilate; stripping us of our identity and flattening our nuances.
the physical and metaphysical holocaust my ppl have endured in this country since the dawn of chattel slavery---made me return to my natural hair.

My locs are a direct "fuck you" to the establishment.

Back