Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Dragon Ball Thread (RIP Akira Toriyama)

Daaaayyuuuummm

Ok so we get the history of the DragonBalls and the saiyans. Very interesting. Could wind up becoming the best arc so far.

Dayum @ Granolah wishing for more power. I wonder just how strong is he now !? Also I think this will be Vegeta's arc to win similar to Trunks and Android 17.

I also get the feeling the producers are trying to move away from forms so much and want to focus on techniques and technicalities. Also the producers have shown that they definitely take into account, fan interest and requests and have been very good at managing those expectations and exceeding them. People were mad at Goku beating Moro but tbh I think it made more sense because of Mastered UI and also setting off the first arc of the new season (you want your flagship character to set it off plus Moro wasn't THAT interesting anyways).

I like that dont quite know if Granolah is a good guy or bad guy and with that seven three nigga (or whatever his name is) still partially alive I wonder how he'll come into play.

This will be interesting. I don't think he's a good guy or a bad guy, just being built as a challenge for the Saiyans. You have to remember that DB ain't really about morality (good vs evil). That was some shit introduced by American translators. DB is all about the strong surviving.

This will be interesting. I don't think he's a good guy or a bad guy, just being built as a challenge for the Saiyans. You have to remember that DB ain't really about morality (good vs evil). That was some shit introduced by American translators. DB is all about the strong surviving.

Goku was the weakest member of some race of superpowered genocidal psychopaths and mercenaries, meant to clean off one of the less technologically advanced planets in the Universe from its even physically/Ki sensitive weaker population and make it suitable to be sold to the highest bidder because even the weakest Saiyan would be a juggernaut among us.

Race that was itself doomed to fail and tragically fell in an eponymous disgrace, because some gods deemed that their wickedness and barbary posed an even greater threat to the Universe than the psychopathic sadistic despot who somehow enslaved them for a start, and reportedly reduced the once-innumerable living population of the Universe to barely 26 inhabited planets, while others couldn't simply stand their ruler's face.

The lasting survivors who haven't winded up killing each other for good winded up stranded on Earth, forced to blend in with Earthlings, marrying up Human wives and sire half-blood children who were meant to be even potentially stronger than their full-blooded fathers and forefathers. While one grew up believing being a human, the others be slowly begun to be swayed by their adopted home and foster some humanity-- and the more human they become, the greater their strength grew both physically and spiritually.

And in the middle of all of that, even physically stronger characters confronts them. Sometimes they barely live the day, other times not but figure a way out because of luck or a literal deus-ex-machina plot armor.

Dragon Ball has never been about a misquotation of Charles Darwin's works. That's how you Americans perceive it.

Goku was the weakest member of some race of superpowered genocidal psychopaths and mercenaries, meant to clean off one of the less technologically advanced planets in the Universe from its even physically/Ki sensitive weaker population and make it suitable to be sold to the highest bidder because even the weakest Saiyan would be a juggernaut among us.

Race that was itself doomed to fail and tragically fell in an eponymous disgrace, because some gods deemed that their wickedness and barbary posed an even greater threat to the Universe than the psychopathic sadistic despot who somehow enslaved them for a start, and reportedly reduced the once-innumerable living population of the Universe to barely 26 inhabited planets, while others couldn't simply stand their ruler's face.

The lasting survivors who haven't winded up killing each other for good winded up stranded on Earth, forced to blend in with Earthlings, marrying up Human wives and sire half-blood children who were meant to be even potentially stronger than their full-blooded fathers and forefathers. While one grew up believing being a human, the others be slowly begun to be swayed by their adopted home and foster some humanity-- and the more human they become, the greater their strength grew both physically and spiritually.

And in the middle of all of that, even physically stronger characters confronts them. Sometimes they barely live the day, other times not but figure a way out because of luck or a literal deus-ex-machina plot armor.

Dragon Ball has never been about a misquotation of Charles Darwin's works. That's how you Americans perceive it.

I'm not sure what you mean with the Charles Darwin comparisons. Americans have a false understanding of DBZ concepts because most of us first watched the American dubs and they purposely change the meaning of some things. The dubbers thought a Western audience would like the show better if Goku was more like Superman so that's why they gave him lines talking about being a force for good or protecting others.

Granola is setting up to be a tragic character I'm very curious how far he's willing to go morally now. Goku, Vegeta, and Granola are on a collision course meanwhile Friezas slowly in the background getting ready to re-emerge. Bojack 2.0 and his squad setting up to attack someone for dragonballs to make their own wish as well it seems.

Vegetas starting to make some headway with his training and Goku continues his this setting up to be a great arc.

Looks like the manga is kinda setting up UI and Hakai to be equal but opposite with Hakai being the ultimate offensive technique and UI being the ultimate defensive technique. Granola is probably going to be capable of both.

Man, I knew something was off, mangaplus dont have all the pages

Just now reading the full chapter. Gonna be interesting on how they spin this

Currently having a discussion that got waayy off the rails, but the point currently being argued is that ALL the sayians are homeless:

-Goku.......lives with Chi Chi in a house purchased by her father

-Vegeta...... lives in Bulma's house

-Broly.......lives on a desolate planet, in a cave, eating the equivalent of vermin to sustain. With no seemingly domesticated crops or animals.

-Gohan.......lives with Videl in a house purchased by her father

-Future Trunks......No home to speak of
-Sayian Race.....Mercenary/Nomads who likely under frieza spent most of their lives off world bumming around the galaxy stealing resources from/killing people with homes.

So are the sayians just homeless migrants?

Currently having a discussion that got waayy off the rails, but the point currently being argued is that ALL the sayians are homeless:

-Goku.......lives with Chi Chi in a house purchased by her father

-Vegeta...... lives in Bulma's house

-Broly.......lives on a desolate planet, in a cave, eating the equivalent of vermin to sustain. With no seemingly domesticated crops or animals.

-Gohan.......lives with Videl in a house purchased by her father

-Future Trunks......No home to speak of
-Sayian Race.....Mercenary/Nomads who likely under frieza spent most of their lives off world bumming around the galaxy stealing resources from/killing people with homes.

So are the sayians just homeless migrants?

Lol all of em got the power to rob ANYBODY of there homes without any consequence. Saiyans never gave a fuck about having a steady home life.

Wonder what Vegeta comes up with. Very interesting. Granolah is for sure going to become an ally. All of Goku's greatest foes started out exactly like this. Also hope they dont make this guy sacrifice himself to beat a villain.
I'm not sure Vegeta can take him yet but I do like that he's observing and used his head to investigate the area first. He already seemed to piece together what happened to Granolahs people. If this goes on as long as the Moro arc there maybe enough time for another enemy lol. I think Granola will eventually fall back and just live out his remaining life in peace after getting the truth. Orrrr he could very well be sacrificed lol. I do think Freiza will step in and those other heater members are still plotting something as well.

Back