Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Great read. Pertinent excerpt:

In a statement, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention described the process this way:

"COVID-19 vaccines give instructions to teach our cells how to make a protein — or even just a piece of a protein — that triggers an immune response inside our bodies. After the protein piece is made, the cell breaks down the instructions and gets rid of them. The immune response, which produces antibodies, is what protects us from getting infected if the real virus enters our bodies."

The process occurs "in much the same manner that you make insulin or hemoglobin or myosin or any of the hundreds and hundreds of proteins that your body makes everyday," Offit said.

"If I come and stand next to someone, I’m not going to catch their insulin," he said. "They’re not going to transfer insulin from them to me. That’s the level of thinking."

Great read. Pertinent excerpt:

In a statement, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention described the process this way:

"COVID-19 vaccines give instructions to teach our cells how to make a protein — or even just a piece of a protein — that triggers an immune response inside our bodies. After the protein piece is made, the cell breaks down the instructions and gets rid of them. The immune response, which produces antibodies, is what protects us from getting infected if the real virus enters our bodies."

The process occurs "in much the same manner that you make insulin or hemoglobin or myosin or any of the hundreds and hundreds of proteins that your body makes everyday," Offit said.

"If I come and stand next to someone, I’m not going to catch their insulin," he said. "They’re not going to transfer insulin from them to me. That’s the level of thinking."
But I mean, this the first time we're using this. When has a first thing ever gone exactly as planned especially when it comes to placing bits of rna onto the DNA strand? The shot(technically not a vaccine) at first was claimed was safe and effective. But they've pulled some makers shots cu, they're not safe. And effective, well people are still getting covid so not very effective. So what's the point?

But I mean, this the first time we're using this. When has a first thing ever gone exactly as planned especially when it comes to placing bits of rna onto the DNA strand? The shot(technically not a vaccine) at first was claimed was safe and effective. But they've pulled some makers shots cu, they're not safe. And effective, well people are still getting covid so not very effective. So what's the point?
But biology isn’t new. If the vaccine is creating a protein, it’s impossible to transmit a protein to somebody. It’s also impossible to transmit mRNA.

And it is a vaccine because a vaccine is administered to trigger an immune response so if a virus enters the body it is more easily defeated. That’s exactly what these vaccines do, just in a different manner.

And in the grand scheme of things, they are safe. 1 in a million people from the J&J vaccine had near death side effects, a few actually dying. That’s better than most other vaccines and most medications.

Effectiveness is relative. They never said 100% effective at not getting COVID, but they did say 100% effective at preventing death from COVID. I think even 100% at hospitalization too.

I don’t blame anyone that’s not comfortable, but at least don’t perpetuate falsehoods.

But biology isn’t new. If the vaccine is creating a protein, it’s impossible to transmit a protein to somebody. It’s also impossible to transmit mRNA.

And it is a vaccine because a vaccine is administered to trigger an immune response so if a virus enters the body it is more easily defeated. That’s exactly what these vaccines do, just in a different manner.

And in the grand scheme of things, they are safe. 1 in a million people from the J&J vaccine had near death side effects, a few actually dying. That’s better than most other vaccines and most medications.

Effectiveness is relative. They never said 100% effective at not getting COVID, but they did say 100% effective at preventing death from COVID. I think even 100% at hospitalization too.

I don’t blame anyone that’s not comfortable, but at least don’t perpetuate falsehoods.
We don't know what this mrna vaccine will do. That's what we're discovering now. It's talked about like the tried an true method, but WE are the tried and tested....waiting on the data of its effectiveness and safety...is my point.

We don't know what this mrna vaccine will do. That's what we're discovering now. It's talked about like the tried an true method, but WE are the tried and tested....waiting on the data of its effectiveness and safety...is my point.
That's all good and I can respect that, but we know how mRNA works in the translation process to create proteins. The risks of this process is not much different from other medicines or vaccines though.

I don't necessarily trust government and their offshoots, but I know they don't want to kill hundreds of millions of people so the risk that this would be harmful can't be much higher than other things that pass FDA clearance.

That's all good and I can respect that, but we know how mRNA works in the translation process to create proteins. The risks of this process is not much different from other medicines or vaccines though.

I don't necessarily trust government and their offshoots, but I know they don't want to kill hundreds of millions of people so the risk that this would be harmful can't be much higher than other things that pass FDA clearance.
Oh I know. I have articles are far back as 1991 of them talking about using it for viruses, so you know a lot more has been learned since then. Of course they don't want kill millions of people, no place for all the bodies, need people to die off slowly while they put all their hard earned money into health care and pharmaceuticals. Well that's what some people are saying anyway. The idea of a vaccine that doesn't have to be cultured is not only amazing but awesome. It's cheaper, faster and hopefully more effective to mass produce in circumstances like this should a new virus appear. I personally am willing to take my chances with the virues, I'll wait to see what happens to everyone else first. I'll have a better idea in about ten years.

So my boy and his pops got vaccinated last week.

Both tested positive for covid today and have the symptoms.
Hope they get well. The experts do say it takes a couple of weeks to build the immunity needed though. Sounds like they just got unlucky to catch Covid before that happened.

Do you know which vaccine they got and if it was the first or second shot?

Back