Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Yup.

I wouldn't doubt if this hits tha States tho.

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

(China) Anal swabs to detect covid.

Really??!

China Deploys Anal Swab Tests To Detect High-Risk Covid-19 Cases

As Chinese authorities struggle to contain rising Covid-19 infections ahead of the Lunar New Year celebrations, Beijing has introduced anal swabs asa new type of coronavirus test that could detect the virus more accurately.

Anal swabs being used to test for Covid in China as they’re ‘more reliable’

China has started using anal swabs to test people who are believed to be at a high risk of catching Covid-19, according to state TV. Beijing officials last week took anal swabs from residents in neighbourhoods with confirmed cases, along with those in designated quarantine facilities. Doctors say the method, which sees the swab inserted about 3-5cm into the rectum and rotated, can be more effective in detecting Covid-19.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/27/anal...ble-13975300/?ico=more_text_links?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

So um. How long before it's in the US?

Another Woman’s Brain Lining Punctured While Being Nasal Swabbed for COVID

Last fall a woman’s brain lining was punctured during a COVID nasal swab test. The injury caused brain fluid to drip down one of her nostrils.

In December, it was reported that saliva tests for COVID are as accurate as nasal swabs. Nevertheless, nasal swabs are still being used for testing and another woman’s brain lining was penetrated in the process. This caused fluid to drip down her nose too.

From Fox San Antonio:

San Antonio woman leaks spinal fluid after receiving Covid nasal swab
SAN ANTONIO – A San Antonio woman is still in shock after she says a Covid nasal swab test went horribly wrong.
“It hurt, it was an immediate instant migraine,” says Chari Timm. “I’ve never had a migraine ever in my life.”
Chari Timm says the swab was inserted in her nose and she instantly felt pain.
Chari was in need of a heart diagnostic test and protocol states she had to test negative for Covid before they could run any tests. She says the swab was inserted in her nose and she instantly felt pain.
“It started from the back of my head and just extend it to the front of my head and my entire brain was an extreme pain,” she says. “Instantly fluid just was leaking out of my nose.”
Chari was leaking spinal fluid.

San Antonio woman leaks spinal fluid after receiving Covid nasal swab

SAN ANTONIO (WOAI/KABB) — A San Antonio woman is still in shock after she says a Covid nasal swab test went horribly wrong.

"It hurt, it was an immediate instant migraine," says Chari Timm. "I’ve never had a migraine ever in my life."

Chari was in need of a heart diagnostic test and protocol states she had to test negative for Covid before they could run any tests. She says the swab was inserted in her nose and she instantly felt pain.

"It started from the back of my head and just extend it to the front of my head and my entire brain was an extreme pain," she says. "Instantly fluid just was leaking out of my nose."

Chari was leaking spinal fluid.

A neurologist from Methodist and an ear, nose and throat doctor diagnosed her with pneumocephalus days later.

Pneumocephalus is when there has been a rupture in the dural membrane, or the lining that’s around the brain, which allows air to enter the space that’s normally occupied by the head.

Experts say it's rare, but they aren't surprised it happened.

COVID Test Gone Wrong

I am starting this fundraiser because I need help. On Friday the 19th I went to the ER cause I wasn’t feeling well and was having some chest discomfort, the doctor who saw me recommended a Heart Cath procedure, but before that can be done, they needed a negative COVID test; The nurse who administered the COVID test did it wrong and punctured my dura membrane; It was an instant migraine from hell! With a lot of fluid coming out of my nose which later turned out to be spinal fluid. After asking over and over again to be seen by a doctor or for a CT scan I was denied. Eventually the doctor dismissed it as a migraine which can be taken care of at home as there are other patients with a higher acuity level that need care over a “migraine”. So I was discharged, after I was sent home, I tried to nurse the migraine and symptoms to no avail, it just got worse, so I went to another ER, where they did a CT scan and found the puncture, they soon transported me to the hospital where the doctor told me I will need surgery to repair the injury

Back