Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

tenor.gif

My parents recovered from the Rona. Still have lasting side effects to them. My mom still has no appetite and my dad still has shortness of breath every so often. Still they're all clear from the virus.

Both of my sister's in laws had it. One in Cali had it damn near died. Was in ICU for 2.5 weeks. Sis inaw here in NC who's a nurse has it now.

I've lost about 7 family members to this virus SMH.

Not taking the vaccine, but.........if they want to do it right..........they need to stop this pc bullshit about giving it to senior citizens in nursing homes and essential workers first.

Definitely not a popular opinion, but the priority should be getting this to the masses as quickly as possible.

Not saying essential workers and seniors should be put on the back burner or anything.

They just shouldn't be prioritized.

Simply because hospital workers and seniors aren't really posing any danger to other people as long as they isolate themselves.

They're saying most people won't get the vaccine until April or May, but it's probably gonna be later than that since we've only vaccinated 2 million people so far..........when they said we would have already vaccinated 20 million people by the end of 2020.

Thing is, right now we're close to 300,000 new cases per day.

Which equates to 9 million cases every 30 days.

And this is assuming that we're not going to exceed 300,000 cases per day.

What happens if we get up to 500,000 or more new cases per day?

And they're even talking about spreading out the vaccine more by delaying when people get the second shot.

Which doesn't even make sense because they've been saying all along that people are going to need 2 shots in order for the vaccine to be effective.

So one shot doesn't really do any good.

If they can't even stick to that now, then there might not be as much of the vaccine available as we've been led to believe.

Back