Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

So you don’t have the science that you pointed to? Now it’s about understanding? Understanding 7 people in one room poses more of a threat then 457 people in one room? You sound stupid. Half the people at Walmart are constantly pulling the mask down or barely covering their lips. Nose all out. Don’t forget the science that says Covid sits on cardboard for 24 hours. So not only am I up against 457 people I also have to worry about the cardboard? But 7 people in my house is a threat?

Let me be clear. Covid is real. Covid can and has killed a lot of people. I am not one of them crazy people in denial thinking I need to liberate my local grocery store. I wear a mask everywhere I go. I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer. It’s real. I just don’t think 50 people at a bar mean anything when you have hundreds of people everywhere.
Here you go: https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them

From the article:

Remember the formula: Successful Infection = Exposure to Virus x Time

So when you’re in Walmart, you’re not exposed to a possibly infected person for an extended period of time, mask down or not. When you and your seven cousins get together for hours with no masks or social dancing and one of y’all infected, all y’all going to get it.

You think it’s the number of people in a place that increases the risk for infection, and that’s just stupid.

Now who sounds stupid, stupid.

Where are people getting sick?

We know most people get infected in their own home. A household member contracts the virus in the community and brings it into the house where sustained contact between household members leads to infection.

What part of the community? Surely not Walmart or Target or Amazon right?
Nobody ever said you couldn’t get it from those places, just that the possibility is much less likely than gathering with people for hours and not following guidelines. And community is not just Target and Amazon. You do know community also includes church, family and friends houses, etc.

But if you choose to ignore the science that’s on you. I’ve educated you. At this point it’s just willful ignorance and I won’t be engaging with you any further in any intellectual discussion. You’ve proven yourself to have strong opinions even when you are ill informed. You may want to follow my lead and ask questions when you really don’t have knowledge on what you speak instead of insulting those who do.

Have debates to learn instead of having debates to be right.

A intellectual debate? You linked me to a blog that said this...

“Any environment that is enclosed, with poor air circulation and high density of people, spells trouble”

There are only a few places that are enclosed with a high density of people allowed to be open right now.

but I know..I’m wrong still..
You continue to show your ignorance. Just stop.

I feel the same way. :scust:

My original point was how can we talk shit about people being at a bar when hundreds are at Walmart and Target. That’s it. You tried to say all this bullshit to prove a point. You even posted some random blog. You remember that thread where you said I post unrealizable sources? Are you telling me that blog is a reliable source? Even tho he says at the top of the blog he’s no expert? And he’s only writing what others publish. How much shit from May no longer applies to the current state of Covid?
You’re trying to save face now. I’ve shown you why it’s different and you choose to ignore it.

How a person gets infected by the virus hasn’t changed much. And I posted the blog because it’s a collection of things others have published. You don’t dispute the publications referenced so what’s your point.

This is it though. Any further reply will be ignored. Choose to be ignorant in the face of evidence to the contrary if you like.

I don’t know if it’s the cool thing or what to pretend like the world stopped, but it hasn’t and it’s not. This entire Covid shit had been turned into politics. From the relief to people pretending they been locked in their homes alone or for months. People shitting on people for going to bars have nothing to say about Amazon having hundreds if not thousands of workers in one factory. Ford having thousands of workers in the same plant. Nothing to say about the NBA,NFL. Even Fauci has been in rooms with crowds. It’s just funny that we pick and choose what business and what event to shit on.

As a shut in I feel like everything needed to be shut down months ago and we wouldn’t be here

So you don’t have the science that you pointed to? Now it’s about understanding? Understanding 7 people in one room poses more of a threat then 457 people in one room? You sound stupid. Half the people at Walmart are constantly pulling the mask down or barely covering their lips. Nose all out. Don’t forget the science that says Covid sits on cardboard for 24 hours. So not only am I up against 457 people I also have to worry about the cardboard? But 7 people in my house is a threat?

Let me be clear. Covid is real. Covid can and has killed a lot of people. I am not one of them crazy people in denial thinking I need to liberate my local grocery store. I wear a mask everywhere I go. I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer. It’s real. I just don’t think 50 people at a bar mean anything when you have hundreds of people everywhere.

But in your example with wal mart and people not following the rules aren’t the numbers literally increasing everyday. Showing the example that not following the rules is leading to bad consequences. Yes corporations are greedy and they want shit open for money. The government won’t pay millions of folks for being out of work. So I understand why Amazon and other non essential shit is labeled essential. Shit my job still open and idk why.

One of my favorite uncles and his 3 kids and one of their husbands got it from being with each other at Christmas, smh.

And that uncle is on a ventilator now and has already had to be revived, smh.

This shit is serious as we already know. My 82 year old grandmother got it and beat it, but still has to be on oxygen 24/7.

This uncle has fought cancer for years, and now this has hit him worse than cancer has in all that time.

Hard to deal with.
Uncle passed this morning. No words, it’s just sad. So sad.

And the family can’t be together because his kids have it, smh.

I don’t even know what kind of homegoing service there will be, if any.

It’s called necessary risk. Working and providing for your family and providing essential products and food to the nation would be activities that are considered necessary risks.

Going to get drunk at the bar is not a necessary risk. Partying in large groups are not necessary risks. Sports to me aren’t a necessary risk either cause I think those folks are fine financially for the most part.

Plus you have to consider how controlled the environment is in these places. Are there rules on mask wearing, distancing, wellness checks, testing, etc. These are risk mitigation activities that lower risk and are typically implemented in work environments, sports, stores, etc.
The thing is, democrat politicians (governors, mayor's etc) have been caught not giving a fuck the same as the republicans who are outward with their carelessness but being hypocritical af with it.

I'm talking about vacations and wine tastings. The outrage is not distributed the same and it's fucking retarded.

Back