The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Sion

Legion of Trill
Feb 14, 2017
Legion of Trill
ABW Bucks
$97,485,806
I don't have a problem with folks like you and Sion who actually follow up with advice, Sion has also helped me out in the past too with some moves, or just the realities of what running your own entails. But you hit the nail on the head...now everyone wants to be an entrepreneur. Just like I said the shit is a status symbol and people usually have no idea what it will take. How many more lash technicians do women need? This situation has exposed the "flip a house" shit too because now you got a bunch of "landlords" with no idea of how they'll upkeep their property because their tenants are now in a place of financial strife as well. But just a month ago it was "Flip a house it's easy to go buy some property and fix it up". I'm not even against giving folks gems on what to do once the world gets turned back around, but to be telling folks who are already living check to check and will now be missing several checks, the "invest now" shit will ring hollow as fuck
Respect

If a person has the financial means to invest they definitely should put money to work now. Now there are inherent risks but that's something to discuss with your financial advisor if they have one. Ultimately there's no amount that's good to start with, it's what you can afford to put away. I get that sometimes @DOS_patos says things that don't come out right and people say "well it's easy for you since you got it like that" but he had to start somewhere to get anywhere.

If the person is in a state where they can't then lets sit at the table and figure out how we can help set you properly so that when these crises happen again (and there will be another I guarantee since you get at least one sometimes two in a decade) you're not completely fucked up.

My biggest gripe my man are the people who are making some money but dont prioritize more important things like their kids education (and there are government programs where you can get free money to start), saving for a rainy day, having a 401k or so forth BUT can be on IG with the latest rides, taking exotic trips, big ass shoe collection, balenciaga bathing suits, or whatever these kids are into. If you have the means to great, if you don't and need assistance I still recommend sitting with your financial advisor to find a solution. Lots of people don't know the major banks have deferral programs now to help if you are impacted by job loss due to COVID-19, a lot of people aren't aware of how to sign up for the COVID-19 relief, if you're a student there's also relief. If they don't know then they dont know and my issue is when people purposely neglect these things when they have a choice.

My PMs are always open and no question is stupid to ask.

Sion

Legion of Trill
Feb 14, 2017
Legion of Trill
ABW Bucks
$97,485,806
China guards against second wave of coronavirus coming from abroad
Brenda Goh, Thomas Suen

WUHAN, China (Reuters) - The growing number of imported coronavirus cases in China risked fanning a second wave of infections at a time when “domestic transmission has basically been stopped”, a spokesman for the National Health Commission said on Sunday.

A man wearing a face mask skateboards on a street in Wuhan, Hubei province, the epicenter of China's coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, March 28, 2020. REUTERS/Aly Song

“China already has an accumulated total of 693 cases entering from overseas, which means the possibility of a new round of infections remains relatively big,” Mi Feng, the spokesman, said.
In the last seven days, China has reported 313 imported cases of coronavirus but only 6 confirmed cases of domestic transmission, the commission’s data showed.

There were 45 new coronavirus cases reported in the mainland for Saturday, down from 54 on the previous day, with all but one involving travelers from overseas.

Most of those imported cases have involved Chinese returning home from abroad.

Airlines have been ordered to sharply cut international flights from Sunday. And restrictions on foreigners entering the country went into effect on Saturday.

RELATED COVERAGE
Five more people died on Saturday, all of them in Wuhan, the industrial central city where the epidemic began in December. But Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province, has reported only one new case on the last 10 days.

A total of 3,300 people have now died in mainland China, with a reported 81,439 infections.

Saturday marked the fourth consecutive day that Hubei province recorded no new confirmed cases. The sole case of domestically transmitted coronavirus was recorded in Henan province, bordering Hubei.

With traffic restrictions in the province lifted, Wuhan is also gradually reopening borders and restarting some local transportation services.

“It’s much better now, there was so much panic back then. There weren’t any people on the street. Nothing. How scary the epidemic situation was,” a man, who gave his surname as Hu, told Reuters as he ventured out to buy groceries in Wuhan.

“Now, it is under control. Now, it’s great, right?”

All airports in Hubei resumed some domestic flights on Sunday, with the exception of Wuhan’s Tianhe airport, which will open to domestic flights on April 8. Flights from Hubei to Beijing remain suspended.

A train arrived in Wuhan on Saturday for the first time since the city was placed in lockdown two months ago. Greeting the train, Hubei Communist Party Secretary Ying Yong described Wuhan as “a city full of hope” and said the heroism and hard work of its people had “basically cut off transmission” of the virus.

More than 60,000 people entered Wuhan on Saturday after rail services were officially restarted, with more than 260 trains arriving or traveling through, the People’s Daily reported on Sunday.

On Sunday, streets and metro trains were still largely empty amid a cold rainy day. Flashing signs on the Wuhan Metro, which resumed operations on Saturday, said its cars would keep passenger capacity at less than 30%.

The Hubei government on Sunday said on its official WeChat account that a number of malls in Wuhan, as well as the Chu River and Han Street shopping belt, will be allowed to resume operations on March 30.

Concerns have been raised that a large number of undiagnosed asymptomatic patients could return to circulation once transport restrictions are eased.

China’s top medical adviser, Zhong Nanshan, played down that risk in comments to state broadcaster CCTV on Sunday. Zhong said asymptomatic patients were usually found by tracing the contacts of confirmed cases, which had so far shown no sign of rebounding.

With the world’s second-biggest economy expected to shrink for the first time in four decades this quarter, China is set to unleash hundreds of billions of dollars in stimulus.

The ruling Communist Party’s Politburo called on Friday for a bigger budget deficit, the issuance of more local and national bonds, and steps to guide interest rates lower, delay loan repayments, reduce supply-chain bottlenecks and boost consumption.
They shouldn't have opened everything back up so soon. They had control of the situation and now this risks what they worked hard to contain.

konceptjones

The one between three and three.
Oct 10, 2017
ABW Bucks
$45,619,596
I hear that but it seems like she needed documentation for her own protection
that ain't documentation, that's a mad broad runnin' her trap. If it was really that serious you file a complaint with HR, not run to FaceTwitagram and post up a video.

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Apr 4, 2017
ABW Bucks
$359,326
u gotta be kidding me. No RIP for the dead, this is what is on his mind. The viewership numbers smh. No empathy or compassion, everything is about him.

he doesn't even give a single fuck how bad that looks.
u gotta be kidding me. No RIP for the dead, this is what is on his mind. The viewership numbers smh. No empathy or compassion, everything is about him.

Neither did Kevin durant

Thor

"We're not afforded the luxury of being average"
Healthy Masculinity
NOLA
If you know, you know
R.I.P KOBE & NIP
Dec 24, 2017
ABW Bucks
$1,290,850
Hilarious how folks say dumb shit like he saved the economy on his timeline.

But can’t say what he saved it from or how he saved it lol

Marc123

Dec 20, 2017
ABW Bucks
$586,789

AZTG

OG
Dec 22, 2017
ABW Bucks
$6,776,464

And people are loving it.

Highest approval rate ever. Hes giving the people what they want.

Thats why I gotta move the fuck out this bitch.

Neo Cortez

Common Sense Has Never Been Common
Formerly Known As Goldie
R.I.P KOBE & NIP
Jan 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$301,131,340
Trump extends federal social distancing guidelines to April 30

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said Sunday he would extend his social distancing guidelines to April 30 as novel coronavirus continues to spread throughout the US.
"The better you do, the faster this whole nightmare will end," the President said at a White House news conference. "Therefore, we will be extending our guidelines to April 30th, to slow the spread. On Tuesday we will be finalizing these plans and providing a summary of our findings, supporting data and strategy to the American people."
Trump said that modeling shows that the peak of the death rate will likely hit in two weeks, but stressed that he hopes the country will be on its way to recovery by June 1.
"We can expect that by June 1st, we will be well on our way to recovery, we think by June 1st. A lot of great things will be happening," he said.