Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official ATP/WTA thread

@toheeb27 @Elzo69Renaissance

This is what we need to hear

Osaka beat Barty in the final of the China Open last week to win her second successive WTA title, and she has opened up on what was on her mind when she topped the world.

“I’d never been Number One and a lot of people were talking about it and I think I let it get to my head a little bit,” Osaka told FT.

“Just, like, when you’re number one you’re not really supposed to lose.

“At least, that’s how I feel. Of course, people lose all the time.

“But I just felt like I should at least win a tournament every month or something.

“I know that’s crazy but I was like, you know what, ‘if Federer can do it, I can do it.’

It’s not even outside pressure, just pressure from myself, and sometimes it helps me play very well. Other times it just makes me overthink.

“I’m thinking if I can say something, but it’s a really bold statement. I’m debating whether I say it or not. I’m just going to say it.

OK, so you know when Serena was Number One? Basically, everyone knew that everyone else had no chance.

@toheeb27 @Elzo69Renaissance

This is what we need to hear

Osaka beat Barty in the final of the China Open last week to win her second successive WTA title, and she has opened up on what was on her mind when she topped the world.

“I’d never been Number One and a lot of people were talking about it and I think I let it get to my head a little bit,” Osaka told FT.

“Just, like, when you’re number one you’re not really supposed to lose.

“At least, that’s how I feel. Of course, people lose all the time.

“But I just felt like I should at least win a tournament every month or something.

“I know that’s crazy but I was like, you know what, ‘if Federer can do it, I can do it.’

It’s not even outside pressure, just pressure from myself, and sometimes it helps me play very well. Other times it just makes me overthink.

“I’m thinking if I can say something, but it’s a really bold statement. I’m debating whether I say it or not. I’m just going to say it.

OK, so you know when Serena was Number One? Basically, everyone knew that everyone else had no chance.
I am glad she recognizes her mental fragility. But its one thing to know the problem, and another to fix it. The mental side of the game can some times be the most difficult one to fix.

On the bright side, even with all this bullshit, she is still murking fools. The sky is the limit with her. Rooting for her.

Tsitsipas is playing incredible tennis at the moment and Felix been struggling a lot with his game for a couple of months now. If Tsitsipas won't beat this version of Felix Auger Aliassime tomorrow he'll never beat him.

I have to say this is good to see...

"For the first time since 1999...

All four semi-finalists of a Masters 1000 are 23 or under"

72385250_10157843865073701_8197978075590295552_n.jpg

Back