Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Anyone else find the matchups in the West a lot more interesting than the East?

Particularly looking forward to Dallas vs. LAC.

1336358_landscape-784x441.jpg

One more time... Huh?

How many times we seen a player on fast break go up for a dunk and get fouled hard from behind.

How many loose balls have you seen on the ground a player has to dive on the floor and basically into the other players leg for the ball.

You a ref and some of y’all claim y’all hoop and y’all know exactly what the fuck I’m talking about when i say unnecessary plays players make.

If not. I know y’all just some 2K playing NBA watching ass niggas and don’t understand the game and and some shit you just don’t do.

These dudes are asked the same questions to varying degrees for 82 games a year plus playoffs. I rather him give a response about something he's passionate about than sitting up there mailing it in with generic "both teams played hard" responses
But again, the actual disrespect he's displaying is uncalled for..

Ima be real, kyries new shit he's on reeks of overcompensation.. like it feels like he's going so hard being woke now to make up for lost time. First take was right, if he really wanted to amplify his message he wouldn't act like hoe during press conferences, he would embrace that microphone. Real talk.

Lebron moves 1000% correctly as far as social issues. Kyrie not so much..still my nigga

Players sometimes purposely go after a player coming off injury. It’s not farfetched. Not saying he was doing it on purpose because no one knows one way or another.

Players sometimes purposely go after a player coming off injury. It’s not farfetched. Not saying he was doing it on purpose because no one knows one way or another.

He didn’t do it purpose.

When you play ball it’s just some plays you dont Even try to make but sometimes end up doing it because you go hard.

How many times we seen a player on fast break go up for a dunk and get fouled hard from behind.

How many loose balls have you seen on the ground a player has to dive on the floor and basically into the other players leg for the ball.

You a ref and some of y’all claim y’all hoop and y’all know exactly what the fuck I’m talking about when i say unnecessary plays players make.

If not. I know y’all just some 2K playing NBA watching ass niggas and don’t understand the game and and some shit you just don’t do.
Ok, thank you for the much needed context

I'll explain it for you from an officials pov. There's not one single obvious flagrant foul that just comes out of the blue. I'm not talking about the shit that gets called flagrant today. I'm talking about a nigga with a look of evil in his eyes who is hellbent on doing some very egregious shit.

As an official, it's very important to watch off ball when the play isn't in your primary area of coverage because most fights, actual flagrant fouls with the intent to harm stem from off ball action.

As an official I have to judge the intent of a players actions to see if it's a common foul that looks ugly vs an intentional foul that's cause for ejection.

NAW was hurt this year on a very similar play and no one batted an eye to suggest it was intentional. LBJ gets it done to him and like everything else, he makes it seem like it was a vendetta against him. LeBron is one of the biggest benefactors of today's NBA. Why does he insist on shit like this as a grievance when it's done to him.

Solo has no history of these kinds of fouls. He's not an enforcer or anything. It's just an unfortunate play. That's all

But again, the actual disrespect he's displaying is uncalled for..

Ima be real, kyries new shit he's on reeks of overcompensation.. like it feels like he's going so hard being woke now to make up for lost time. First take was right, if he really wanted to amplify his message he wouldn't act like hoe during press conferences, he would embrace that microphone. Real talk.

Lebron moves 1000% correctly as far as social issues. Kyrie not so much..still my nigga

you lettin Stephen A and the media dictate to you how Kyrie supposed to act.

He didn’t do it purpose.

When you play ball it’s just some plays you dont Even try to make but sometimes end up doing it because you go hard.
I don’t feel like he did either. But I’ve heard players admit to sometimes targeting a player. If a player is coming off a hand injury a guy may slap the hand and play it off like it was unintentional.

Ok, thank you for the much needed context

I'll explain it for you from an officials pov. There's not one single obvious flagrant foul that just comes out of the blue. I'm not talking about the shit that gets called flagrant today. I'm talking about a nigga with a look of evil in his eyes who is hellbent on doing some very egregious shit.

As an official, it's very important to watch off ball when the play isn't in your primary area of coverage because most fights, actual flagrant fouls with the intent to harm stem from off ball action.

As an official I have to judge the intent of a players actions to see if it's a common foul that looks ugly vs an intentional foul that's cause for ejection.

NAW was hurt this year on a very similar play and no one batted an eye to suggest it was intentional. LBJ gets it done to him and like everything else, he makes it seem like it was a vendetta against him. LeBron is one of the biggest benefactors of today's NBA. Why does he insist on shit like this as a grievance when it's done to him.

Solo has no history of these kinds of fouls. He's not an enforcer or anything. It's just an unfortunate play. That's all

It is a unfortunate play.

I’m telling you. It’s plays during the games that you just don’t make.

Like baseball has unwritten rules. Every sport has them and since you play ball and around ball you should know

It is a unfortunate play.

I’m telling you. It’s plays during the games that you just don’t make.

Like baseball has unwritten rules. Every sport has them and since you play ball and around ball you should know
Ehhh, it's not like he shoved him in the back while airborne or undercut him. He was attempting to get a loose ball to gain an extra possession.

Hill doesn't have the luxury they LBJ has when it comes to roster security or minutes.

Ehhh, it's not like he shoved him in the back while airborne or undercut him. He was attempting to get a loose ball to gain an extra possession.

Hill doesn't have the luxury they LBJ has when it comes to roster security or minutes.

Shoving somebody or under cutting is not what I’m taking about. I’m talking bout basketball plays that when you play that you shouldn’t make.

but I’m done with it.

Shoving somebody or under cutting is not what I’m taking about. I’m talking bout basketball plays that when you play that you shouldn’t make.

but I’m done with it.
Should you not undercut someone while they are airborne?

Or how about if someone is trying to shield you from saving a ball from going out of bounds, should you just stop running?

People dive for loose balls all the time

Back