Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Joel for MVP, after destroying Gobert tonight.

I’m also convinced: Ben for DPOY, after clamping Mitchell down in OT. Ben had Donovan all sorts of frustrated.

Not a bad NBA Finals of it were to happen, even though i don’t think it will.

After the 1st half of the season, here's my honest eval of the team:

Doc - The true difference maker. We'd be in 4th or 5th with Brett Brown still running this thing. There's plently of talent here, but Doc is using them in ways BB never could. Definitely a front runner for COY.

Joel - The MVP of the league right now. That award is his to lose. He's finally turned into the monster we knew he could be; dominant in the paint, better with his mid range, more careful with the ball (for the most part), and 80%+ from the line. His demeanor has changed, too. He's the leader now, and he knows it. They're going to go as far as he can take them. We'll see just how far that is.

Ben - For all his issues with the non-jump shooting, I think it's time to just admit this is who he is....at least, through this year. I would LOVE to see this muhfucka at least try to shoot mid-range Js more (or at all), but everything else about his game has gotten so much better, it's hard to punish the guy for that one thing. The DPOY front-runner right now.

Tobi - EARNING HIS CHECK. His take-over performance in OT last night was proof he was snubbed from the ASG.

Seth - Playing his way back to Pre-Rona form. If he can get back to where he was in December, he's straight.

TRADE OR BENCH DANNY GREEN. I'm open to trading him if it brings us Kyle Lowry, other wise he's gotta come off the pine. He's too much of a liability.

The Bench:
Korkmaz - Best 3 pt shooter on the team. Just wish he did it more often.
Shake - Shake need to be in Sniper mode much more often, and has since he came back from his injury. He plays really well with Dwight, and they are the anchors of the 2nd unit.
DW12 - I take back all the bad thing I said about him while he was in Houston/DC/Atlanta. When he is FOCUSED (last year in LA, this year), he is the best back-up big man in the game.
Thybulle - Still a problem defensively, but his shot HAS to get better for him to get any real run.
Maxie - I like the rookie's development, but Doc has to play him more.

Morey - He's done his work, but he's still one or two real moves away from a true championship contender.

According to Shams The Nets, Heat, Lakers and Nuggets are interested in PJ Tucker

Rockets trying to get a young player back

Back