Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People legitimately lose their job in the NFL if these teams are smart they will put that stuff in to contracts so every game will be meaningful and I assume they would do a playoffs system
Yea but i don't watch football to see who may or may not lose their job. I watch football because there are consequences for winning and losing. I dont want to watch a series of exhibitions. Not to mention the fun of the buildup towards World Cups and Euros. What is thenpurpose of the careers of these players in these leagues? Where's the glory.

I fully understand your point about capitalism because I've made the same point myself and in fact for my Masters i posed a research question along those lines about the reformat of the Champions League, but as a fan, forget the business, you can't just be blase about this.

Yea but i don't watch football to see who may or may not lose their job. I watch football because there are consequences for winning and losing. I dont want to watch a series of exhibitions. Not to mention the fun of the buildup towards World Cups and Euros. What is thenpurpose of the careers of these players in these leagues? Where's the glory.

I fully understand your point about capitalism because I've made the same point myself and in fact for my Masters i posed a research question along those lines about the reformat of the Champions League, but as a fan, forget the business, you can't just be blase about this.
I don't understand where this exhibition talk comes from if you watch basketball or the NFL there's always something to play for and they adapt the league.

What is crystal palace and wolves Southampton playing for right now? We don't call them exhibitions

I don't understand where this exhibition talk comes from if you watch basketball or the NFL there's always something to play for and they adapt the league.

What is crystal palace and wolves Southampton playing for right now? We don't call them exhibitions

I know you’re playing devils advocate right now but teams that end up at the midtable and thus got nothing to play for is inherent for a league, the same dilemma would happen to the teams that end up mid table in a super league but than without the local - supporters - glory and history ...

Van Basten said yesterday that he didn’t understand why the English clubs want to participate in a SL when they are already in the best league - financially etc - but that was before the 3.5 Billion starter pack each participating club gets was known lol, massive high rollers are behind this bs...

I know you’re playing devils advocate right now but teams that end up at the midtable and thus got nothing to play for is inherent for a league, the same dilemma would happen to the teams that end up mid table in a super league but than without the local - supporters - glory and history ...
Lol I'm not playing devil advocate I'm just saying let the discussion around it be what it is. Premier League especially doesn't care about pricing out fans, we already have exhibition games and we have seen teams priorities mid table over winning a trophy. Etc and the only way to become a big team is with a takeover and even then there's methods in place to keep certain teams at the top.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS

There's always something to play for? What teams deliberately tanking so they can get a higher draft pick? If that's what you like in sport then I'm not here to jugde but I dont see how that is more exciting than teams scrapping to avoid relegation. Or the jubilation of getting promoted to the big time.

The club I blame the most for all of this is MANCHESTER UNITED. They would be the biggest beneficiary of all of this.
In the new champions league format a team finishing 6 (let’s say man UTD) could still qualify for group stage based on historical legacy of the club. Who does that mostly benefit?

It looks like UEFA only made proposed champions league changes because they knew European super league was coming.

The whole European Super League reeks of NFL, watch them announce playoffs and SuperSoaker championship game.

Joel Glazer (and co) is the man behind all of this because he wants a stable stream of profit, he didn’t buy ( take out a loan) for Man UTD for any other reason than that.

Thank you Man UTD for being so shit in the league that you forced your owners to find a new way to get their money.

Thanks.

This was last year when he said this. IMO, many of the big clubs don’t like that these smaller clubs are catching up to them.

Welp saw Mourinho's sacking coming for a while now. Thanks for getting us to a cup final and for beating Man U 6-1, that one time. And just like that, I'm an RB Leipzig stan until I find a new English club. Somebody convince me to support yours lol

Is this a deflection from this super league saga?
I honestly don't think it is. Jose's sacking was a few months in the making honestly. The timing is just weird because of Super League news but not the cause of it, IMO

Welp saw Mourinho's sacking coming for a while now. Thanks for getting us to a cup final and for beating Man U 6-1, that one time. And just like that, I'm an RB Leipzig stan until I find a new English club. Somebody convince me to support yours lol
1618835329982.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back