Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2019/2020 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t buy into any of this...a football club is a business. Any business that hasn’t looked at it self and made steps to streamline and get rid of excess expenditures is not being run competently.

I expect other big clubs to do so...especially if we go a whole season with no fans.

And footballers wages is irrelevant...if there is no footballers there is no club. They’re equivalent to management level at any business. Nothing gets done with out them.

Oh so now football is a business but when Spurs wanted to take advantage to all options available to help secure the longevity of the business it was a big problem.

I don’t buy into any of this...a football club is a business. Any business that hasn’t looked at it self and made steps to streamline and get rid of excess expenditures is not being run competently.

I expect other big clubs to do so...especially if we go a whole season with no fans.

And footballers wages is irrelevant...if there is no footballers there is no club. They’re equivalent to management level at any business. Nothing gets done with out them.
[/QUOTE]
Oh so now football is a business but when Spurs wanted to take advantage to all options available to help secure the longevity of the business it was a big problem.

Spurs wanted to use tax payers money to pay their staff rather than streamline the business...there is a difference.

Spurs wanted to use tax payers money to pay their staff rather than streamline the business...there is a difference.
[/QUOTE]
I think the problem is arsenal has the money to protect jobs and they haven't so now 55 people have no source of income.

It should be the last thing they done after stressing all options. Covid has ended been about the rich losing money imagine what people on lower levels are feeling.

Fans have given so much in times of need to this source of entertainment now we need things back from clubs not individual players

One thing to not forget in all of this that Arsenal players took a pay cut a couple of months ago. I'm sure it was under the impression/condition that redundancies wouldn't be done to non-playing staff.

Anyways I heard by doing this Arsenal are only saving £2.5M. They could easily sell a player (e.g. Elneny is still on loan at Turkey), get an advanced loan off the back of expected revenues from Europa league etc to balance the books...
so the redundancies don't really make sense to me, unless there's something more to it

One thing to not forget in all of this that Arsenal players took a pay cut a couple of months ago. I'm sure it was under the impression/condition that redundancies wouldn't be done to non-playing staff.

Anyways I heard by doing this Arsenal are only saving £2.5M. They could easily sell a player (e.g. Elneny is still on loan at Turkey), get an advanced loan off the back of expected revenues from Europa league etc to balance the books...
so the redundancies don't really make sense to me, unless there's something more to it
:lol10:

What’s the hottest temperature you English folks ever experienced in Great Britain ?

37 degrees Celsius?

It touched that last year which was apparently the 2nd hottest on record. I dont remember the hottest though. Today is trying to test that but i got the fan blowing on mid (no homo) and it is just about keeping me nice.

That’s crazy. That type of heat seems to be the new normal on you’ll side of the globe. 37 degrees Celsius, I don’t think I ever experienced that even when I used to live in Trinidad, and it is hot as fuck back home there.

That’s crazy. That type of heat seems to be the new normal on you’ll side of the globe. 37 degrees Celsius, I don’t think I ever experienced that even when I used to live in Trinidad, and it is hot as fuck back home there.

I'd put it down to urbanisation and global warming. They've always said that the UK will get hotter and wetter weather over the years, and it seems like some sort of record keeps getting broken each year. It doesn't even seem like we get traditional seasons in this country any more

I'd put it down to urbanisation and global warming. They've always said that the UK will get hotter and wetter weather over the years, and it seems like some sort of record keeps getting broken each year. It doesn't even seem like we get traditional seasons in this country any more

Yup. Global warming is 100% real. Politicians, as we know them, sees different, ($$$), The Trumps, Bolsonaros & those ppls. Human beings is the worst threat to Mother Earth.

Smh, what a time to be alive, no drake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back