Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2019/2020 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that team played 442 lmao it made 0 sense Beckham should have been dropped play a front 3 Owen Rooney cole imagine have Scholes quality as a left mid
Lmao back with the Beckham ish. Nah we all know, as the conversation was back in them days, that a manager had to be brave enough to drop one of Lampard or Gerrard. I actually would have dropped Gerrard. He didn't have the discipline or composure at international level. He's fantastic for the big 'moments' but at the top level you need discipline and that was Scholes to a tee

Lmao back with the Beckham ish. Nah we all know, as the conversation was back in them days, that a manager had to be brave enough to drop one of Lampard or Gerrard. I actually would have dropped Gerrard. He didn't have the discipline or composure at international level. He's fantastic for the big 'moments' but at the top level you need discipline and that was Scholes to a tee
I think with lampard Gerrard scholes in the middle you need players with pace on the wings.

J Cole Rooney Owen all have the ability for runs behind. With Beckham in the team it was predictable. Keeper was suspect but you had a perfect back 4. That afforded the mid field to play higher up the field. Instead everyone was so deep.

Lampard said the issue was himself and Gerrard were playing in positions that they weren't for their clubs to compensate other people fitting in the team.

That Germany golden generation was no different and they made it work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back