Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2019/2020 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo man Zidane be shitting on Bale and I hate the feeling we’re gonna lose Pogba and end up with Bale.

I pray that doesn’t happen but Zidane claiming a deal to get rid of him is close. I mean who else apart from Woodward thinks this deal would be attractive???

Seen few Bayern players talking about him, dunno if something’s in the works over there.

Eriksen wants a Madrid move too, might be a swap deal.

You value pogba at 180m the way Zidane is treating bale he ain’t even gunna get full value. Probably need to sell another 2 players to make the books even out.

Yo man Zidane be shitting on Bale and I hate the feeling we’re gonna lose Pogba and end up with Bale.

I pray that doesn’t happen but Zidane claiming a deal to get rid of him is close. I mean who else apart from Woodward thinks this deal would be attractive???

I didn't believe the post so I had to go to reputable sources.......shit Zizou really did say that! LOL

The Wales international, 30, was left out of Real's 3-1 pre-season defeat by Bayern Munich in Houston, USA.
Speaking after the game, Zidane said: "We hope he leaves soon. It would be best for everyone. We are working on his transfer to a new team.
"I have nothing personal against him, but there comes a time where things are done because they must be done."

Bale, who has three years left on his Real contract, has won the Champions League four times since his £85m move to Madrid from Tottenham in 2013 - a world record deal at the time.
He has been linked with Premier League sides Manchester United and Spurs, German champions Bayern and also a move to the Chinese Super League.
In response to Zidane's comments, Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett told AFP: "Zidane is a disgrace - he shows no respect for a player that has done so much for Real Madrid."

Assuming Bale does in fact leave (say within the week or ahead of EPL's transfer deadline of 8 Aug), to me, it can only be 4 potential destinations:

1. Man United:
Bales view PROs: One of the biggest clubs in the world, the history, can give him a fat pay check, has a combi of top players/potential talents e.g. DDG, Mata, Alexis, Rashford, Martial [excl. Pogba in this] so he could position himself as the spearhead and most important player as opposed to spare parts in Madrid
Bales view CONs: Club living off past glory, more on the decline than incline so is in "rebuild" mode, no Champs League, will he get the Schweinsteiger/Rooney treatment if he stays injured/underperforms

Other considerations: With a Pogba deal as part of the equation, could work well for both teams as Pogba is seen by some United circles unfavourably and clearly most folk associated with Madrid want Bale gone

Likelihood: 70%

2. PSG:

Bales view PROs: "Big" club, can obviously pay his wages, 90% every season of winning something every season to add to his trophy haul, Champs League now and guaranteed virtually every season, can be seen as the difference in CL given that he's won it a couple of times (aka winner's mentality), league less physically demanding which works best for his injury-prone body
Bales view CONs: Club would be expecting him to deliver Champs League so he can't go missing or injured in those big games otherwise he will be a huge failure (same metric being used on Neymar), strong possibility next Summer that Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani would have all left

Other considerations: Would this involve a Neymar deal? Maybe, but from PSG's perspective they would be looking to replace the Brazilian in any case and so this could work out well for them

Likelihood: 80%

3. China:

Bales view PROs: Can obviously get the big bucks if not more, league less physically demanding which works best for his injury-prone body
Bales view CONs: He would be forgotten from here forward as a footballer. Also it's China!

Other considerations: If people thought Bale sitting on his Madrid contract till expiry meant that he's given up on his footballing career and he will play golf everyday, then China is this this x10!

Likelihood: 90%

4. Bayern:

Bales view PROs: Big club, 90% every season of winning something every season to add to his trophy haul, Champs League now and guaranteed virtually every season, they need wingers/forwards with experience
Bales view CONs: Can they pay him the big bucks? Probably not.

Other considerations: Lothar Mathias was interviewed the other day and explicitly ruled out Bale as being "too old". They are looking at youthful wingers e.g. CHO and Sane

Likelihood: 30%

I didn't believe the post so I had to go to reputable sources.......shit Zizou really did say that! LOL

The Wales international, 30, was left out of Real's 3-1 pre-season defeat by Bayern Munich in Houston, USA.
Speaking after the game, Zidane said: "We hope he leaves soon. It would be best for everyone. We are working on his transfer to a new team.
"I have nothing personal against him, but there comes a time where things are done because they must be done."

Bale, who has three years left on his Real contract, has won the Champions League four times since his £85m move to Madrid from Tottenham in 2013 - a world record deal at the time.
He has been linked with Premier League sides Manchester United and Spurs, German champions Bayern and also a move to the Chinese Super League.
In response to Zidane's comments, Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett told AFP: "Zidane is a disgrace - he shows no respect for a player that has done so much for Real Madrid."

Assuming Bale does in fact leave (say within the week or ahead of EPL's transfer deadline of 8 Aug), to me, it can only be 4 potential destinations:

1. Man United:
Bales view PROs: One of the biggest clubs in the world, the history, can give him a fat pay check, has a combi of top players/potential talents e.g. DDG, Mata, Alexis, Rashford, Martial [excl. Pogba in this] so he could position himself as the spearhead and most important player as opposed to spare parts in Madrid
Bales view CONs: Club living off past glory, more on the decline than incline so is in "rebuild" mode, no Champs League, will he get the Schweinsteiger/Rooney treatment if he stays injured/underperforms

Other considerations: With a Pogba deal as part of the equation, could work well for both teams as Pogba is seen by some United circles unfavourably and clearly most folk associated with Madrid want Bale gone

Likelihood: 70%

2. PSG:

Bales view PROs: "Big" club, can obviously pay his wages, 90% every season of winning something every season to add to his trophy haul, Champs League now and guaranteed virtually every season, can be seen as the difference in CL given that he's won it a couple of times (aka winner's mentality), league less physically demanding which works best for his injury-prone body
Bales view CONs: Club would be expecting him to deliver Champs League so he can't go missing or injured in those big games otherwise he will be a huge failure (same metric being used on Neymar), strong possibility next Summer that Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani would have all left

Other considerations: Would this involve a Neymar deal? Maybe, but from PSG's perspective they would be looking to replace the Brazilian in any case and so this could work out well for them

Likelihood: 80%

3. China:

Bales view PROs: Can obviously get the big bucks if not more, league less physically demanding which works best for his injury-prone body
Bales view CONs: He would be forgotten from here forward as a footballer. Also it's China!

Other considerations: If people thought Bale sitting on his Madrid contract till expiry meant that he's given up on his footballing career and he will play golf everyday, then China is this this x10!

Likelihood: 90%

4. Bayern:

Bales view PROs: Big club, 90% every season of winning something every season to add to his trophy haul, Champs League now and guaranteed virtually every season, they need wingers/forwards with experience
Bales view CONs: Can they pay him the big bucks? Probably not.

Other considerations: Lothar Mathias was interviewed the other day and explicitly ruled out Bale as being "too old". They are looking at youthful wingers e.g. CHO and Sane

Likelihood: 30%

How are you going to type up all this and not mention Tottenham when they have the first option to buy him back?

How are you going to type up all this and not mention Tottenham when they have the first option to buy him back?

Easy...wages!
Everyone knows Spurs is tight on wages and Bale is on some big bucks.
Look I could be wrong and he goes to Spurs.....but I don't know if it's palatable on Bale's side to go with a significant drop in wages OR for Spurs to break their wage structure for him

Back when he went to Madrid I thought he could surpass Ronaldo at some point lol. He did well in the CL finals but it seemed like fam isolated himself, didn't integrate or learn the local language...damn shame

Back when he went to Madrid I thought he could surpass Ronaldo at some point lol. He did well in the CL finals but it seemed like fam isolated himself, didn't integrate or learn the local language...damn shame

Typical British footballer when they go abroad. It's why I've got big respect for Mcmanaman - went to Real, learnt Spanish, integrated into the squad and culture, and he had a sick career with them. He can still speak fluent Spanish and Madrid still have love for him.

On the other hand you have Michael Owen who thought it was best to hide in his hotel and complained that he couldn't read British newspapers in Madrid when the shop across the road were selling them.

I’d be surprised if Spurs pay his wages...even if Madrid pay half, 300k still disrupts the dressing room at Spurs.

I’m thinking it might be Bayern.

And nobody else thinks it’s Bale >>> Pogba. Especially right now. Especially not Zidane!

Bale is great for half a season. But if people think Pogba can’t be bothered , look at Bale for moving to one of the worlds greatest teams, being there six years and not learning the language. Why would you not want to learn how to communicate with your team mates?? It’s not his fault he was offered such a lucrative contract...but he is happy banking that money playing half a season and complaining about how hard life is for footballers.

He had his chance to be legendary when Ronaldo left and he flopped it. Especially after those CL goals.

Last edited:
I’d be surprised if Spurs pay his wages...even if Madrid pay half, 300k still disrupts the dressing room at Spurs.

I’m thinking it might be Bayern.

And nobody else thinks it’s Bale >>> Pogba. Especially right now. Especially not Zidane!

Bale is great for half a season. But if people think Pogba can’t be bothered , look at Bale for moving to one of the worlds greatest teams, being there six years and not learning the language. Why would you not want to learn how to communicate with your team mates?? It’s not his fault he was offered such a lucrative contract...but he is happy banking that money playing half a season and complaining about how hard life is for footballers.

He had his chance to be legendary when Ronaldo left and he flopped it. Especially after those CL goals.

Lol so to you Bale not learnin' Spanish is worse than Pogba playin' to get our manager sacked then openly courting other clubs? That's mad.

The reason no one wants Bale is coz he's an old cripple on mad wages. If one of those went away he'd get a club ASAP. So if he were a cripple but his wages weren't so high, or his wages were high but he's always fit.

No bids for a player who has said he wants to leave.
No one wants Pogba because they don't believe he'd improve their team that much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back