Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2019/2020 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABW Football League:

FantasyFootbalLogo.png

Code: noz467

I been thinking about Arsenal and they might not be as stupid as it seems. I mean they clearly have more than 45m to spend but putting that out early means they can go in at low prices as it's accepted they don't have the money. They have tho...They said the same last time but bagged Lacazette and BammaYang

Although apparently they offered CP £40m over 5 years with a clause to get him even cheaper in that time! Hilarious but may be genius. They basically hoping he forces a move. Or this is strictly to make fans think that they are trying improve.

Last edited:
I been thinking about Arsenal and they might not be as stupid as it seems. I mean they clearly have more than 45m to spend but putting that out early means they can go in at low prices as it's accepted they don't have the money. They have tho...They said the same last time but bagged Lacazette and BammaYang

Although apparently they offered CP £40m over 5 years with a clause to get him even cheaper in that time! Hilarious but may be genius. They basically hoping he forces a move. Or this is strictly to make fans think that they are trying improve.

Everyone knows Arsenal have money. If they're blagging they don't just to drive prices down then I'll agree that it's a good move only if they pull it off and we actually get the players we need. It could easily backfire with them pissing about in the market and we miss out on players we could have got if we just played it straight.

That's the problem with this board - they're never transparent or honest with what their intentions are - it's all behind closed doors with an owner who won't speak and money being shifted back to Los Angeles.

The problem with your "Arsenal are crazy like a fox" theory is there is money in the Premier league. A middle of the pack team like CP can spend 40 mil on a player if they really wanted to. Plus they swimming in that Wan Bissaka money. Arsenal is going to have to come correct to get Zaha.

With that been said, their cunning might work with teams outside England who need the cash to balance the books.

Opinions on Maguire?

Yes I know he isn't worth 70 let alone the 80 we will have to spend to get him but in general...anyone rate him?

Opinions on Maguire?

Yes I know he isn't worth 70 let alone the 80 we will have to spend to get him but in general...anyone rate him?

Average Prem defender imo about levels with Smalling. Truth be told I think I'd rate Smalling a lil higher. He improves the squads coz he's better than Rojo, Jones and possibly Bailey but he worth 45m TOPS

Glad they rejected our bid. Would rather spend an extra twenty and get Koubaily or spend 30m on some unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back