Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017-2018 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

It’s interesting that everyone is criticizing LA for not picking up shooters when they are usually easier to acquire. That’s what the Cavs tried to put around Lebron and that shit ain’t good enough anymore.

What do y’all think about the approach of putting a premium on playmakers.

Also - Niggas sleeping on the Lakers Draft pics, them white boys can ball.

It’s interesting that everyone is criticizing LA for not picking up shooters when they are usually easier to acquire. That’s what the Cavs tried to put around Lebron and that shit ain’t good enough anymore.

I think if we replaced Lance Stephenson with almost anybody, there would be less criticism. But the acquisition of Javale, Lance and Rondo back to back to back gave folks ammo to roast us.

I would like more shooting, but i don't think we are that bad.

As for the play-makers angle, that's all spin. Whats going to matter the most is Kuzma, Ingram and especially Lonzo jumping up to another level.

In the article I read, Rob P was saying that defense was the main reason for the signing. He was saying to compete with GS you have to slow them down because you can't score with them.

I think everyone realizes the Lakers drafted well with Moe and Svi. That's why you don't see the jokes.

I think if we replaced Lance Stephenson with almost anybody, there would be less criticism. But the acquisition of Javale, Lance and Rondo back to back to back gave folks ammo to roast us.

As for the play-makers angle, that's all spin. Whats going to matter the most is Kuzma, Ingram and especially Lonzo jumping up to another level.

I was talking to my son about your last sentence. I was telling him that the only thing that I can go on is the level I last saw them at. If all three level up over the summer, that changes everything. Hart looks like he's ready to fight for some real minutes as well.

In the article I read, Rob P was saying that defense was the main reason for the signing. He was saying to compete with GS you have to slow them down because you can't score with them.

I think everyone realizes the Lakers drafted well with Moe and Svi. That's why you don't see the jokes.

I was talking to my son about your last sentence. I was telling him that the only thing that I can go on is the level I last saw them at. If all three level up over the summer, that changes everything. Hart looks like he's ready to fight for some real minutes as well.
I should not have left out Hart. He has been impressive in summer league so far.

Hey y’all

How is Randle in the pick and roll defensively?
It’s all about effort with Randle. When he was coming off the bench at the beginning of the season (and pissed), he was awesome at all aspects of defense.

But as the season went on and he was put into the starting lineup (and became “The Man), his defense fell off big time.

He has the talent and skills, Gentry just needs to find a way to get it out of him. Ideally, he should start Mirotic and bring Randle off the bench.

This is fair. Although I disagree that the signings are only about “spin”. If you replace Rondo and Lance signings with two shooters I don’t see the bench being as impactful; especially deep into the playoffs.

Just my two cents tho

Good outcome for the Lakers. We get to see if Kawhi is healthy and keep all our young assets while we wait for him. Toronto seems like they have the least chance of retaining him, fingers crossed.

If we can’t sign him next year, the FA market still has really good players unlike this year.

Good outcome for the Lakers. We get to see if Kawhi is healthy and keep all our young assets while we wait for him. Toronto seems like they have the least chance of retaining him, fingers crossed.

If we can’t sign him next year, the FA market still has really good players unlike this year.

I know there's a lot of relief among the youngsters. Can't wait to see what BI, Ball and Kuz look like this season.

Back