Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix The Man From Toronto

Troubling Toronto

PRAISE: Kevin Hart returns to comedy in this movie about a case of mistaken identity forcing a bumbling entrepreneur to team up with a notorious assassin known as The Man from Toronto.
Some of this was fun from the sight gags,slapstick, Harts mannerisms and some good one liners.Harrelson getting pissed off at Hart at every turn.
Also some of the fight scenes are pretty good and a great extended well choreographed action sequence towards the end of the film .

PROBLEMS: When a movie has a foundation that is shaky like this I knew it wouldn't add up to much.
It's just weak when a script has to rely on characters being incompetent and making bad decisions to move the story along. Also the basis of the confusion that drives the story could have been cleared up in a couple of moves. Even a couple of characters state how absurd things are !! I'm not sure what Kaley Cuoco was doing in this movie Netflix must have thrown a couple of millions her way. Jasmine Matthew's doesn't fare any better. Basically she's the poor man's Zazie Beetz. At least involve her in the mayhem!! How people survive absolutely paralyzing and absolutely deadly moments in this movie is beyond me. Did I miss a moment when the characters took a super soldier serum or something?!? The green screen and CGI look like amateur time in certain scenes.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 4

Back