Welcome To aBlackWeb

I remember niggas cryin' in school when we first got the VHS. Imagine the entire school watched it in assembly on a normal sized 90s TV

I've never seen the Lion King from beginning to end. Always catch the middle and when the dad died. Besides that never seen the full movie.

My niece knew scar was the bad guy as soon as he appeared on screen the only lion in the family thats dark skinned

Last edited:
Let's be real though. We only know the phrase because of Lion King.

Yeah. Plenty of shit is copywritten that falls into the same category as "Hakuna Matata." It's not really about who created something. It's about who made it profitable. It's not like you can be arrested for saying Hakuna Matata to someone. Disney can just come after you for trying to sell merchandise with the term. That make sense, because regardless of whether or not its a Kiswahili term, Disney was the one that put in the work to make it viable for profit.

Plus, haven't there been English phrases that have been trademarked? I remember that real basketball wife chick did it for non factor or something like that.

tumblr_pimfjw5Jrr1wh30z6o8_400.gif
tumblr_pimfjw5Jrr1wh30z6o5_400.gif

tumblr_pimfjw5Jrr1wh30z6o4_400.gif
tumblr_pimfjw5Jrr1wh30z6o7_400.gif

tumblr_pimfjw5Jrr1wh30z6o6_400.gif
tumblr_pimfjw5Jrr1wh30z6o9_400.gif

tumblr_pimfjw5Jrr1wh30z6o2_400.gif
tumblr_pimfjw5Jrr1wh30z6o1_400.gif

Back