Welcome To aBlackWeb

I'ma just say my peace and dip

I honestly don't know what most of y'all were expecting, but this is why I generally avoid reviews before I have a chance to see it

The magnitude of what they were able to do with the effects is nothing short of amazing. They were aiming for realism with the expressions of the animals. This was not an animated cartoon.

In fact, the director mentioned the animation team originally had the stuff y'all complain about is missing but he said he wanted a lion to show reactions like they do in the wild. They don't raise their eyebrows. They move their ears and tails and shit.

Beyonce to me wasn't that bad. Could there have been a better option, sure, but people complaining (not here) how she ruins the movie or dampens the experience I think is a stretch. She's in the second half of the movie and not even that long.

I really enjoyed the film
And how much of the general audience knows what an ear twitch or tail wag means for a lion? I think they tried too hard to keep it realistic. I mean, they're talking animals, so would lowering a head in shame or widening/squinting of the eyes really be that far fetched?

Last edited:
Ejiofor was a good Scar but his lines felt rushed especially in the beginning when we see Mufasa confront him about not showing up. When Simba returned to Pride Rock and they were going back and forth that was some good ass acting so the delivery was there just not throughout the movie.

I have no problems with the animals not emoting in the way most expect because they were going for realism, I just felt some of the delivery fell flat like when Scar said "long live the king" with Jeremy Irons you felt that shit. Same with with Pumba during "Hakuna Matata". Seth Rogan can't sing so he should've delivered the lines with more emotion and intensity

But with all that said I liked it. It's not nearly as bad as people made it seem and Beyonce didn't destroy the movie lol.

Ejiofor was a good Scar but his lines felt rushed especially in the beginning when we see Mufasa confront him about not showing up. When Simba returned to Pride Rock and they were going back and forth that was some good ass acting so the delivery was there just not throughout the movie.

I have no problems with the animals not emoting in the way most expect because they were going for realism, I just felt some of the delivery fell flat like when Scar said "long live the king" with Jeremy Irons you felt that shit. Same with with Pumba during "Hakuna Matata". Seth Rogan can't sing so he should've delivered the lines with more emotion and intensity

But with all that said I liked it. It's not nearly as bad as people made it seem and Beyonce didn't destroy the movie lol.
They slow the pacing of the dialogue and it gets zero complaints from me

And how much of the general audience knows what about ear twitch or tail wag means for a lion? I think they tried too hard to keep it realistic. I mean, they're talking animals, so would lowering a head in shame or widening/squinting of the eyes really be that far fetched?
man, whose issue is that?

not mine nor Disney

i find it hard to believe (outside of small ass kids) that there isnt a single adult that has NEVER watched some national geographic doc about animals.

man, whose issue is that?

not mine nor Disney

i find it hard to believe (outside of small ass kids) that there isnt a single adult that has NEVER watched some national geographic doc about animals.
Ok, so you tell me why a lion wags their tail? Does one wag movement mean something different from another? What does it mean when their ears are pinned back?

Better yet, since they didn't show emotion in their faces, what exactly did Simba do with his body to show his shame while being chastised by Mufasa? What did Simba do to show his sadness about his father dying in the gorge?

Also some of the vocals felt...idk thin. Like mufasa, it felt like they needed to turn his mic up or something like he was far away reading that mf from his bed.

Scar, timon and pumba were straight tho.
this is fair

i thought ol buddy that did Scar was good, but it did seem like his volume wasnt as high as it needed to be thus lessening the impact of his scene stealing moments

Ok, so you tell me why a lion wags their tail? Does one wag movement mean something different from another? What does it mean when their ears are pinned back?

Better yet, since they didn't show emotion in their faces, what exactly did Simba do with his body to show his shame while being chastised by Mufasa? What did Simba do to show his sadness about his father dying in the gorge?
man i aint steve irwin lol

you better use that netflix subscription

b/c had you, you would see what happens when a lion loses a challenge from another lion and how he acts in response to that. Hell, even penguins be getting it in when they fight and shit and the dude who loses has to get to stepping

man i aint steve irwin lol

you better use that netflix subscription

b/c had you, you would see what happens when a lion loses a challenge from another lion and how he acts in response to that. Hell, even penguins be getting it in when they fight and shit and the dude who loses has to get to stepping
Lol, exactly my point. None of us are Steve Erwin.

Back