Welcome To aBlackWeb

I have small gripes. I don't like Beyonce's voice but she's don't really have a lot of lines so I can look past that. Another small gripe is they didn't portray hyena Ed right. The movie is alright but I'll never watch it again
Because it's not Ed in this remake

It was cool to me

I thought Scar was kinda tame but it's a kids movie

I liked it. Beyonce was definitely the weak link...her voice work was WOAT and that extra song was completely unnecessary. I didn't care for any of the adult Nala scenes...

Agree with alot of the dialogue feeling rushed. No one took a break to breathe. To let the conversations marinate

Songs were hollow af. Opening scene was a big disappointment. All the music sounded hollow but im a chop it up to the speakers in the theater

Beyonce>>>Glover. I said it. He was miscast imo. Rafiki was miscast. Timon. Zazu was down right cringeworthy. Scar had his moments. He more cowardly conniving than menacing. Perfect roll for Little Finger. JEJ can still eat a dick. He was.....woat

All and all I give it a 3 but was hoping for a 4.5

This LIVE ACTION adaptation only served as a reminder of how special the original 2D animated film was. Removing nostalgia from the criticism, the dialogue felt rushed in virtually every scene.

Even in places where the script was allowed to breathe, the delivery rang empty.Many of you take issue with the lack of facial expressions coming from the animals but the readings were the driest things about the film. Donald Glover was terrible. Chiwetel Ejiofor was hardly aggressive as the primary antagonist. James Earl Jones himself was a hollow version of his performance in the original.

I didn't need a recreation of song and dance, but a compelling story of fatherhood, royalty, family, and destiny could have elevated this film in ways the original did not. Jon Faverou left alot on the table.

My nigga didn't even complain about beyonce. You know this shit was bad.

Just watched it. I agree with the lack of emoting. Even if they didn't show it in the face of the characters, they could have done it in the body language.

They couldn't lower their head when sad or disappointed? They couldn't shrug shoulders in confusion? They couldn't kick up dirt in anger?

When you think about it though, they could have emoted. Animals don't use their brow ridge to show emotion? They couldn't make it look like the animal smiled or laughed? I mean they're forming words with their mouths, why not smiles or frowns? Couldn't shake their head no or nod in approval?

I liked it for what it was, but there was no connection made with the characters other than Timon, Pumba, and Zazu. Scar was ok.

Just watched it. I agree with the lack of emoting. Even if they didn't show it in the face of the characters, they could have done it in the body language.

They couldn't lower their head when sad or disappointed? They couldn't shrug shoulders in confusion? They couldn't kick up dirt in anger?

When you think about it though, they could have emoted. Animals don't use their brow ridge to show emotion? They couldn't make it look like the animal smiled or laughed? I mean they're forming words with their mouths, why not smiles or frowns? Couldn't shake their head no or nod in approval?

I liked it for what it was, but there was no connection made with the characters other than Timon, Pumba, and Zazu. Scar was ok.
I feel you on that. Like in the scene when Mufasa looked at Simba after he saved him from the hyenas in the elephant graveyard I was assuming Simba would look down in shame and he didnā€™t. I still thoroughly enjoyed the movie for what it was. There a bit of nitpicking in this thread. It wasnā€™t better than the original obviously but it was still good as hell to me.

I'ma just say my peace and dip

I honestly don't know what most of y'all were expecting, but this is why I generally avoid reviews before I have a chance to see it

The magnitude of what they were able to do with the effects is nothing short of amazing. They were aiming for realism with the expressions of the animals. This was not an animated cartoon.

In fact, the director mentioned the animation team originally had the stuff y'all complain about is missing but he said he wanted a lion to show reactions like they do in the wild. They don't raise their eyebrows. They move their ears and tails and shit.

Beyonce to me wasn't that bad. Could there have been a better option, sure, but people complaining (not here) how she ruins the movie or dampens the experience I think is a stretch. She's in the second half of the movie and not even that long.

I really enjoyed the film

I'ma just say my peace and dip

I honestly don't know what most of y'all were expecting, but this is why I generally avoid reviews before I have a chance to see it

The magnitude of what they were able to do with the effects is nothing short of amazing. They were aiming for realism with the expressions of the animals. This was not an animated cartoon.

In fact, the director mentioned the animation team originally had the stuff y'all complain about is missing but he said he wanted a lion to show reactions like they do in the wild. They don't raise their eyebrows. They move their ears and tails and shit.

Beyonce to me wasn't that bad. Could there have been a better option, sure, but people complaining (not here) how she ruins the movie or dampens the experience I think is a stretch. She's in the second half of the movie and not even that long.

I really enjoyed the film
You can enjoy it all you want but they missed the mark on some shit, mainly the dialogue

Hell, I'd say only the dialogue

Just chalk it up to this not being for fans of the original. You may or may not like it, but it's really more intended for kids that didn't grow up on that film.

Back