Welcome To aBlackWeb

Just left, I liked it.. I don't think they did a bad job of showing emotions like everybody said.. They did the best they could with it being live action. Also, Beyonce wasn't as trash as the reports said imo.. It's just that her voice is so distinct and monotone.. That's the problem.. Like you know it's Beyonce talking, if that makes sense.. Donald Glover killed it though..

tumblr_ptveiu1x4V1y7viwpo1_540.gif

People want the Lion King to be like the lion from Narnia lol
Aslan was a real one

Just got back from seeing it. It was ok. I think because it's suppose to be realistic they didn't really have emotion on there faces, which made it hard to connect.
Also, it didn't feel as grand as the cartoon.
From just bout all the reviews ive seen that was everyones biggest issue

I have small gripes. I don't like Beyonce's voice but she's don't really have a lot of lines so I can look past that. Another small gripe is they didn't portray hyena Ed right. The movie is alright but I'll never watch it again

I have small gripes. I don't like Beyonce's voice but she's don't really have a lot of lines so I can look past that. Another small gripe is they didn't portray hyena Ed right. The movie is alright but I'll never watch it again
fair criticism imo

They need to stop saying because itā€™s not live action.

Got some people round here thinking they trained real lions to do the acting. lol Granted, that sounds stupid as hell, but given everything we hear happening in the world today, how confident are you that people aren't actually that stupid?

This LIVE ACTION adaptation only served as a reminder of how special the original 2D animated film was. Removing nostalgia from the criticism, the dialogue felt rushed in virtually every scene.

Even in places where the script was allowed to breathe, the delivery rang empty.Many of you take issue with the lack of facial expressions coming from the animals but the readings were the driest things about the film. Donald Glover was terrible. Chiwetel Ejiofor was hardly aggressive as the primary antagonist. James Earl Jones himself was a hollow version of his performance in the original.

I didn't need a recreation of song and dance, but a compelling story of fatherhood, royalty, family, and destiny could have elevated this film in ways the original did not. Jon Faverou left alot on the table.

Back