Welcome To aBlackWeb

the juneteenth debate

are you for or against juneteenth becoming a federal holiday?

• For

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Against

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Doesnt really change much

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
“i dont care if white people dont know the meaning of juneteenth”

“hey jerome im so happy my ppl freed your ppl, did you here they r offering 15% off on cargo shorts at old navy. yipeeee”

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

this is such a practical take but from you its expected

you and others sound ridiculous and just naïve tho
Seriously how the hell is it our responsibility to regulate how other races acknowledge something that's specifically for us??
Go door to door, business to business and force them to honor it the way we do?

All we can reasonable do is push for more education. And if you're lucky understanding. That's it.
But as a "holiday" not even the Juggernaut will stop the "25-50% Junetheeth Day sale!" Or the 3 day "Weekend bash at Club Armeri's host by DJ Freeman!" All black people free at the door before 12!"

Why y’all feel everytime somebody don’t like one thing they are outraged. I don’t like collard greens does that mean I’m outraged when I see collard greens?
If you make a thread and proceed to start it with a series of Tweets claiming collards should be reserved for black people only and how their availability in white owned supermarkets are a slap in the face to the people that actually perfected the recipes for the past 400 years and therefore it disgusts you every time you see them…

then yes, I’d say you are outraged.

If you make a thread and proceed to start it with a series of Tweets claiming collards should be reserved for black people only and how their availability in white owned supermarkets are a slap in the face to the people that actually perfected the recipes for the past 400 years and therefore it disgusts you every time you see them…

then yes, I’d say you are outraged.

ok bro. But I mean damn if niggas don’t want something commercialized is that bad or something? To me it just seem yall complain about complaints on Twitter often. Niggas in here have just as bad opinions

ok bro. But I mean damn if niggas don’t want something commercialized is that bad or something? To me it just seem yall complain about complaints on Twitter often. Niggas in here have just as bad opinions
Nah I feel you, I was being a little facetious. It does seem just as silly to be outraged at the outrage. I’m just bullshitting in here for the most part as I’m basically indifferent to it. I respect Juneteenth but whether it’s a fed holiday or not doesn’t really matter to me too much. I certainly don’t agree with OP though.

making it a national holiday != commercialization

well not for us but you know and I know how them people be. I’m not against it being a holiday but if we look at what holidays in the US are about it’s all money. Unless we can force them to only buy black I can see why folks would be leery. But that don’t mean we can’t tell the kids the truth.

Back