Welcome To aBlackWeb

the juneteenth debate

are you for or against juneteenth becoming a federal holiday?

• For

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Against

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Doesnt really change much

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
I’m always down for a day off. I think it would be commercialized anyway now that it’s becoming more mainstream. I feel them on the door dash and fast food places having to work. But a lot of us would love a day off and I feel like that’s what holidays are becoming.

Surprised there would be a debate. Especially seeing how there has been increased awareness about the day (ex. Blackish)

This is what happens when black Americans allow white supremacist to define what we as a community can have and do. We want reparations for black Americans alone across the board and qualified immunity for black Americans alone from these white supremacist terrorist police and for them to be punished with the death penalty or life in prison if they kill or harm us. CUT THE CHECK!

Celebrating Mardi Gras, a religious holiday, by committing multitudes of sins.
Celebrate Thanks Giving, zero fucks about the Natives that died and its alleged history with Moors.
Columbus Day and Halloween with their own controversial roots.

It's symbolism, but it's at least better than Harriet Tubman on a fucking twenty.
These niggas can sit their ass down and enjoy a Juneteenth.
A day off, day off with pay, or work day with holiday pay where applicable.

I think it would be commercialized anyway now that it’s becoming more mainstream.
kjwaUeTf_400x400.jpg

Come on down to popeyes for my new JuneTeenth celebration chicken and biscuits for just $6.19

Made with special farm raised hens straight from texas that's been held in captivity 2 years longer than our other chickens so you know it god that mmm-mmm extra popeyes goodness

Love that chicken from popeyes🎼

Back