The Joe Budden Podcast Thread

unSCENE

Dec 22, 2017
ABW Bucks
$132,172
Melyssa has 100% upped the quality of the pod and fixed one of the bigger issues I’ve had since the beginning. Having someone present that actually makes it a point to speak from a point of knowledge on topics instead of talking out their ass on everything. It’s needed sometimes to balance the fuckery.

Now I just need Joe to realize it’s an asset to the pod and to stop interrupting or chastising her for it. This applies to big and small topics.

A small example is a couple pods back they were talking about movies and she was able to cite a few films and actors off the top of her head and then the guys spent the next 5 minutes joking on her about it telling her to stop and “go start your own movie pod.” And if it’s a subject she’s not as well versed on she’s able to give her opinion without making it seem as if what she says is definitive.

They need to let her get her shit off because she brings something to the table that none of the others, Joe included, can bring. And it’s not just “the female perspective.” Dare I say she’s the best podder in that room right now.

TTBF

Dec 24, 2022
ABW Bucks
$45,014,861
I think they threw Melyssa on there to get viewership up cause I definitely went to check what she looking like, lol.

This was the first time in a while I’ve checked some of the video. This shit is a lot funnier without the video. I don’t know why, but it is. I guess I imagine them interacting differently.
Interesting... I find the youtube more entertaining than the Spotify. Without the visual it instantly becomes background noise and my attention wanes quick. I also don't care much for their music selection most times.

Dec 20, 2017
ABW Bucks
$69,133,013
Interesting... I find the youtube more entertaining than the Spotify. Without the visual it instantly becomes background noise and my attention wanes quick. I also don't care much for their music selection most times.
Usually when I’m listening I’m driving or working or working out so it’s easy to stay focused.

DOPE33

Feb 2, 2018
ABW Bucks
$106,884,751
I got a real pocket watching question.. Being that Joe is independent and doesn't have ads..How can he afford a new studio, extra hosts, and more staff? How is the pod generating more money

WilberDMillz

Car Junkie
Dec 20, 2017
Arkansas
ABW Bucks
$79,286,144
I got a real pocket watching question.. Being that Joe is independent and doesn't have ads..How can he afford a new studio, extra hosts, and more staff? How is the pod generating more money
I somehow, someway, feel like he gets paid to talk about certain topics and to play sleepers. Cause like you said, the usual ways pods make money dont show up on his pod. We know the pod making money but like you said, how?

LurkerSix

May 29, 2018
ABW Bucks
$336,244
Patreon and ads on yt or w/e streaming service. By no ads, Joe means he doesnt read ads on the show.......like a fucking idiot. He said its not the fuck up the flow, which he's right, but this shit isnt fucking live. They could make a ton more money by pre-reading ads and having an editor edit them in, (like so many other podcasts do) but its his show so w/e.

Reactions: Big Lurko