The Joe Budden Podcast Thread

King Freeman

They forgot...
2020 ABW Best Foreigner
Dec 19, 2017
ABW Bucks
$24,053,388
In all fairness you've just been taking everything Joe has said as fact when very little of it has been consistent.
I'm going off what both sides are saying. Yall talking about irs, and him taking money from jbp and putting it elsewhere. I don't know how debate theories coming out of thin air so this is where I respectfully tap out of the discussion for now. Cause it will most likely only get disrespectful from here.

Reactions: SkyHigh187

shutupGabi

Head Auntie of Dragonstone; Human Wrongs Activist
Mod Squad
2020 ABW Film Critic
Jan 19, 2017
ABW Bucks
$142,867,783
So lemme get this straight...correct me if I'm wrong:

- Rory and mal ask for the accounting info because there was a period they werent receiving anything when they were supposed to get quarterly reports. Hence rory saying "I woulda been fine seeing it ONCE a year"
- They get a spreadsheet, not official documentation.
- They ask again and finally get official documentation where a mistake was found.
- Mistake, as they understood it, was corrected and they ask for updated information so it's cleared that it was, in fact, corrected.
- Now we here.

shutupGabi

Head Auntie of Dragonstone; Human Wrongs Activist
Mod Squad
2020 ABW Film Critic
Jan 19, 2017
ABW Bucks
$142,867,783
Joe also did that thing where he did something no one asked him to and got mad it wasn't received the way he intended to give it.

If times are in fluctuation, they dont seem unreasonable (again, we dont know these niggas so I could be completely off base here) enough to where they wouldn't understand that. Especially when rory already told him before the spotify deal went south not to prioritize him getting paid. Take what you would've paid me and put it back into the business. Joe wanted to do right by them and pay em anyway. Respect. But that's not what they wanted. If Joe is putting up the front like business needs to keep moving, then they still need the information for their business records lol.

darkboy301

Dec 21, 2017
ABW Bucks
$358,413
context is key

listening to joe's side FIRST...i would've thought Rory and Mal knew nothing about business and contracts....and were entitled lil punks who fucked up a good thing trying to come up and get a fast buck

listening to R&M rebuttal......NO they actually do know business and tried to make business with their friend as easy as possible....for fear of it coming to a situation like the one they are currently in making Joe to look shady as fuck and the real punk who fucked up a good thing lol

I also don't get how Joe feels like 4 different people....2 of which are paid professionals to look over and interpret the language in a contract for the other 2, don't know precisely what is in their contract before signing.....like they really were that "naive"?(which also begs to ask....why would you draft up such a complex contract for your "friend"?)....not at all......they also point out they were naive in thinking a friend can do good business with them off the strength of just being a good friend(cuz according to them...JOE ASKED THEM FOR HELP...NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND) and thats it. they have money and only felt they deserved what they earned based off what they signed...not what Joe decides to give them. Now all Joe had to do with his "friends" was show a lil more transparency in a business he asked them to join in on and this bullshit wouldn't have grown into this. If he wants to grow a podcast network and has to have funds go through that first then tell your partners that and keep it official....or don't.....and state that from the jump that they are being hired as employees so they can make a decision on helping you with your company or not

King Freeman

They forgot...
2020 ABW Best Foreigner
Dec 19, 2017
ABW Bucks
$24,053,388

- Rory and mal ask for the accounting info because there was a period they werent receiving anything when they were supposed to get quarterly reports. Hence rory saying "I woulda been fine seeing it ONCE a year"
- They ask again and finally get official documentation where a mistake was found.
- Mistake, as they understood it, was corrected and they ask for updated information so it's cleared that it was, in fact, corrected.
- Now we here.
Lol... let's not consider anything they may have done wrong along the way...

Cmon man.

Loch121

OG
Dec 24, 2017
ABW Bucks
$5,788,619

- Now we here.
Joe said there was never a 400 K mistake

he explained where that confusion came from.

Reactions: SkyHigh187

AP2.0

If this is indeed the end I wanna TY 4 the journey
Site Administrator
2020 ABW Most Abusive Mod
Jan 18, 2017
ABW Bucks
$332,899,112
It was a spotify advance that they were paid. They pointed it out to be petty. Nothing was wrong with the numbers or that would have been the entire point of emphasis of everything being talked about right now and joe would be getting sued.
If they advance wasn't included in the spreadsheet, that's a discrepancy

Every dollar has to be accounted for

BDBIID

nah.
Dec 20, 2017
ABW Bucks
$16,629,144
I’m getting off topic but how much longer y’all think Joe letting the other two shows rock as constructed?

I can’t see much ROI with those, maybe Karen’s because what she can maybe do behind the scenes maneuvering but STTI ..🥴

Dec 20, 2017
ABW Bucks
$53,945,546
From my understanding he gave them and their lawyer the accounting then they said they didn't like how it was presented. They didn't like it was on a spreadsheet or some dumb shit. Now they asking to see all his finances.

Just because you dont flat out accuse a nigga of stealing doesn't mean your actions don't suggest that's exactly how you feel.

You're looking at it strictly from a business standpoint which is how they should have treated it from day 1. But they didn't and it turned into a monster bigger than the friendship. Can't separate the 2 now tho. Mal and rory violated cause they projected their own greed on to joe who was actually being a good friend after obviously feeling the weight of the spotify deal falling through.

Even tho joe says he's okay with it. He knows its money niggas never seen before and might never see so he tried to lift his niggas up giving them raises and shit with money that wasn't even there. Instead of recognizing that they switched up on joe.

Niggas was pretending shit is okay. They simply didn't recover as a unit from him turning down the spotify deal.
Bro, you run a business right? If your business partner gave you a spreadsheet and you and your accountant thought it wasn’t sufficient, you’d be asking for more info too, right? Or are you just going to trust your business partner because they’re your friend?

And you can question someone without thinking they being shady. Maybe they just not as business savvy as they think and doing shit wrong. You could help with that actually and put them in an even better position.

And nobody going to tell me what I deserve because it’s more than I’ve ever made, lol.

Just pay me what I’m owed and show me how you came up with the number. It’s really that simple. And if you’re my friend you should have zero problems doing that.

Loch121

OG
Dec 24, 2017
ABW Bucks
$5,788,619

Boy they piling on his ass this month lol.. This will get ugly
Yeah been hearing about this.Joe was wilding that ep.

The other chicks on the show been going back and forth with her online saying she's playing the victim.

This been bubbling behind the scenes.

if they never flirted w/ each other before,Joe should have known better.

AP2.0

If this is indeed the end I wanna TY 4 the journey
Site Administrator
2020 ABW Most Abusive Mod
Jan 18, 2017
ABW Bucks
$332,899,112
Yeeeeeeeah this nigga done

• Ether
Reactions: a.mann