Welcome To aBlackWeb

THE FIEND: One year later

IP360

Doctorate & Ph.D in Bootyology
giphy-1.gif

One year ago....after weeks of Bray Wyatt hinting a more sinster being resides in the Firefly Fun House...The Fiend finally makes his debut. Summer Slam Aug. 11th, 2019...Fiend vs Fin Balor...

I'll be posting a couple of fans reaction, but what were YOUR thoughts about his debut?

When this muthafucca debuted...my gawd. He dominated Fin Balor. Ok...that's enough about the match. Let's get to that fuccin entrance. The only WWE superstar I can think of who had that "What...the...FUCK" presence when they 1st appeared...the Undertaker. Kane as well.

I watched that ppv just to see Fiend. Not knowing what to expect. When that entrance started and he walked thru...wit his own head as a fuccin lantern...
tenor (4).gif

By far Top 3 best WWE entrances.

Last edited:
Aight, so I haven't regularly watched wrestling in a long time. Last time I really checked for it, John Cena and Randy Orton were just entering. Never even knew NWO, Sting and Goldberg came to WWE. Every now and then youtube will recommend a clip of someone like Rock or Undertaker and I would watch for nostalgia. Then this guy found his way on my recommended feed...

I'm pretty sure this was the first clip I found

Fucking what. That was pretty cool. Then I start binge watching this guy. I start reading backstories about this character. I'm hooked. Thoroughly entertained. So I started watching more wrestling clips and learning some of the new faces. I start watching some of the old clips of shit I never seen and realized I missed out on a lot.

I just subscribed and watched Summerslam. First wrestling ppv I ever actually watched. And Bray's creative genius gets the credit for that.

Aight, so I haven't regularly watched wrestling in a long time. Last time I really checked for it, John Cena and Randy Orton were just entering. Never even knew NWO, Sting and Goldberg came to WWE. Every now and then youtube will recommend a clip of someone like Rock or Undertaker and I would watch for nostalgia. Then this guy found his way on my recommended feed...

I'm pretty sure this was the first clip I found

Fucking what. That was pretty cool. Then I start binge watching this guy. I start reading backstories about this character. I'm hooked. Thoroughly entertained. So I started watching more wrestling clips and learning some of the new faces. I start watching some of the old clips of shit I never seen and realized I missed out on a lot.

I just subscribed and watched Summerslam. First wrestling ppv I ever actually watched. And Bray's creative genius gets the credit for that.

They said Bray had the Fiend character created years ago...

Kinda coincidence imo

It's weird for me, the start was really good then it felt corny then it got good again with the Cena program and so far since Mania he has been booked pretty good as far as storyline with Braun. I still think they will run into a lot of issues keeping this character from being over done. Its still 50/50 for me so well see how it plays put the next 12 months.

Now that I read Reigns could be taking the title off of him as soon as payback I don't like that at all. I know everybody on here swears Fiend is too cool for the title but he also isn't cool enough to be losing his belt right away twice if that happens especially since he is supposed to be this supernatural being. Also they have an issue deciding what hurts him.and what doesn't. The booking on that aspect has been trash. He can be damn there murdered and jump right back up but a spear or scoop slam keeps him down.

Overall better run then I expected but there is a lot of work to do for the character to have a longer lasting life span.

I was a big Bray Wyatt fan up until he lost to cena at mania 30. They fucked him up bad after that. I was skeptical about his character change but the fiend has won me over. I do expect him to retain the title at payback and him to keep it for the rest of the year and have him vs reigns at mania. I hope that’s the plan

Bray wyatt a genius

If he does drop the strap at Payback it'll be reigns taking the pin im thinking

Im one of the ones who think he doesn't need the title cause thats when the booking problems come in

Bray wyatt a genius

If he does drop the strap at Payback it'll be reigns taking the pin im thinking

Im one of the ones who think he doesn't need the title cause thats when the booking problems come in

Yeah he's one of the few wrestlers who don't need a title to define their career. The psychology he plays far exceeds a title.

I will say I find it pointless when he wrestles as "Bray Wyatt", that part of his character here i dislike because its not like Balor without the Demon is still a bad ass, Wyatt just a goof kids show host so when they book him in matches as just that its corny and instant snooze fest because its obvious they are using it as the one who takes the fall. Yeah it's good to keep Fiend from taking the L but its repetitive. I'm still curious on how they will continue this without it getting stale or corny quick. Its fine right now but I feel some of the magic has worn off. And let's face it Bray matches are bad so it doesn't help extend him in that department. He is a other wrestler where the build to feuds are great, but when it comes time to deliver it just sparkles and smoke.

Killer Kross should be the one to beat Fiend clean tho at a big show, that would be pretty cool but while typing this I just remembered they let Goldberg do that already lol

I will say I find it pointless when he wrestles as "Bray Wyatt", that part of his character here i dislike because its not like Balor without the Demon is still a bad ass, Wyatt just a goof kids show host so when they book him in matches as just that its corny and instant snooze fest because its obvious they are using it as the one who takes the fall. Yeah it's good to keep Fiend from taking the L but its repetitive. I'm still curious on how they will continue this without it getting stale or corny quick. Its fine right now but I feel some of the magic has worn off. And let's face it Bray matches are bad so it doesn't help extend him in that department. He is a other wrestler where the build to feuds are great, but when it comes time to deliver it just sparkles and smoke.

Killer Kross should be the one to beat Fiend clean tho at a big show, that would be pretty cool but while typing this I just remembered they let Goldberg do that already lol

He let Goldberg beat him so he could go after Cena. He got up right after the pin and then disappeared.

It was a shitty loss for sure but he took it and spun the hell out of it. I don't even think that was WWE's doing, i think it was all Bray trying to protect his character after they made him lose to Goldberg

like the next day he went on about ow the title was a burden to him or some shit n how he used it to get what he wanted. Then on that very next Smackdown he went right after Cena cause thats who he wanted at mania. He didn't wanna face Roman for the strap. He wanted to get Cena back for not putting him over at mania when he could have.

Its a lot of shit to unwrap but i think thats why i like the character so much because theres so much story there.

He let Goldberg beat him so he could go after Cena. He got up right after the pin and then disappeared.

It was a shitty loss for sure but he took it and spun the hell out of it. I don't even think that was WWE's doing, i think it was all Bray trying to protect his character after they made him lose to Goldberg

like the next day he went on about ow the title was a burden to him or some shit n how he used it to get what he wanted. Then on that very next Smackdown he went right after Cena cause thats who he wanted at mania. He didn't wanna face Roman for the strap. He wanted to get Cena back for not putting him over at mania when he could have.

Its a lot of shit to unwrap but i think thats why i like the character so much because theres so much story there.
Maybe Fiend matches should always have a cinematic feel since the matches usually dull when trying to do a regular match.

Back