Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The fast food wages+ thread

Even though im not against this...people are going to be in for a rude awakening once them unemployment checks stop.

What people dont realize is that it doesnt if mcdonalds makes 4 dollars, 4 million, or 4 billion in profit. Fast food is all about sales and market share. It sells cheap, slighly addictive food at scale. The biggest thing for mcdonalds is that a big mac is cheaper and better tasting than a whopper.

And nobody is going to care is some fry cook makes $20/hr, they're not payin 8 dollars for a big mac.

So these fast food companies are paying short term for the labor shortage caused by govt assistance. Once that govt assistance inevitably runs out, they'll go back to their old tricks.

im all for these folks making more money and being able to pay their bills and actually live

last job was work from home. coworker in Fl was bitching about their minimum wage going up to 15/hr (she was only making 13$). She said there was no reason for minimum wage to go up for jobs like fast food cause teenagers don't need the money. She really bought into that lie the republicans have told about who minimum wage will affect.

I've changed jobs about 2-3 times in the last decade, each time the company has been ass about raises and promotions. each time I've changed jobs, there was no negotiating the pay. Either I accepted the minimum or find something else. I'm all for staying with a company and raising through the ranks but some places aren't designed for that and they know it.

last job was work from home. coworker in Fl was bitching about their minimum wage going up to 15/hr (she was only making 13$). She said there was no reason for minimum wage to go up for jobs like fast food cause teenagers don't need the money. She really bought into that lie the republicans have told about who minimum wage will affect.

I've changed jobs about 2-3 times in the last decade, each time the company has been ass about raises and promotions. each time I've changed jobs, there was no negotiating the pay. Either I accepted the minimum or find something else. I'm all for staying with a company and raising through the ranks but some places aren't designed for that and they know it.
True... I'm in process of changing part time jobs. Every pizza place needs a driver. I'd like to consider myself a solid one and will drive for another store soon

walter-olson-walterolson-follow-automated-mcdonalds-ordering-kiosk-at-seatac-28880583.png

Right now, you'd be hard pressed to find a McDonalds out here that's not full of these kiosks. If they have a cashier, it's down to one, even during the lunch rush. I figured it was mostly near the strip, but nope. I was up in the NW valley a few weeks ago, pretty far from the strip, and stopped at a combo gas station/McDonalds. One cashier, all kiosks and only a handful of people in the back making the orders.

That is/was going to happen regardless.

The whole actions have consequences angle for this specific situation is trash.

That is/was going to happen regardless.

The whole actions have consequences angle for this specific situation is trash.

It can't be ignored tho.

I wrote about it back in the IC, how everyone was talking about how Costco was paying their employees $15/hr but nobody talked about the working conditions that came with that $15/hr. They had far fewer employees per store than any of their competitors, so every Costco employee basically handled the same workload as 2-3 employees elsewhere.

So, yeah... They make more money, but they work under shittier conditions because they don't hire as many people to keep costs down.

Actions have consequences, especially in business.

See all these places like Target and shit pay 15 a hour but hire mostly part time with 20 hrs a week. It's always something

Lo and behold, business continues to exploit the young, desperate and socially immobile.

Something's always gotta give. Even a short term profit loss... it's your ass on the line.

Back