Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The fast food wages+ thread

I believe this is going to have a trickle-down effect for everybody in the industry, full-time or part-time.

I deliver food part-time for a pizza chain. Two stores of this company have shut down in the neighborhood for similar reasons as described in the tweets. My peers are exploring their options and exercising their options and I'll never blame them for it

Cost of goods have gone up, and so has the effort to fulfill demand...that’s been a natural occurrence since we keep expanding population...yet they haven’t found a way to raise wages. If the powers that be want to justify shenanigans, just admit scarcity is a real concept and a limited supply begets value..otherwise it’s been long overdue

I fucks with this heavy.

The idea that a business has to earn more every quarter is unsustainable.

Im not saying businesses shouldnt earn as much as they can.

What im saying is that if a company makes $2Bs in profit for a quarter, wall street expects that business to make more the next quarter. If that business makes $1.9Bs the next quarter, their shares fall.

That shit is unsustainable. A company cant make more every quarter. But in trying to do so, that company tries to cut corners and ends up in a situation where they have to reduce cost. And the easiest way to reduce cost is to pay your employees less.

That whole way of thinking needs to change.

I legit don't think this is going to turn out the way they think it will.

I said this back on the IC, I still stand by it.

Back